No announcement yet.

Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just Catholics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Haha, so now I can't have an opinion because I was more apologetic of religion in 2005, great.
    Calm down, I didn't say that. Led left me a visitor's message about your lack of presence in this thread (since you've been all over every religious based thread in recent times) possibly being due to the 'expose' about your past statements.

So I called you out to get your attention and here you are. Done.

Comment

Religion is a load of made up bullshit to make people feel better about themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
        Religion is a load of made up bullshit to make people feel better about themselves.
        No it's not. It's made for children just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. It's has it's purpose until you grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Haha, so now I can't have an opinion because I was more apologetic of religion in 2005, great.

I could care less about the Pope and Catholicism. I grew up a Roman Catholic and it's more pageantry and tradition than actual scriptural obedience.
          Does being apologetic means choosing the facts you only want to know?

I am still confuse about your 2 differing statements about Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            No it's not. It's made for children just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. It's has it's purpose until you grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Why would any atheists care whether or not they're redeemed by a God that they don't believe in?
              I dont think they do. No atheist in this thread takes it seriously.
              But its how atheism is demonised by religion and therefore the general perception of atheism (amoral, untrustworthy, etc) which is the problem.

[

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                I think for the faithful its the opposite. Their religion becomes more profound and vital to them as they understand it in new ways. Especially in later adulthood.

For others religion becomes less relevant and they discard it.

Ive never liked the Santa Tooth fairy comparison. I think its purposefully ignorant as to patronise religious people.

Comment

Phew........

Comment

The most powerful religious figure complimenting atheists and all they can give in return is a bunch of whining and a big middle finger. No surprise really, the Catholics cannot remove the sticks out of the atheists' asses, it is in far too deep.

Comment

Just be good, do good, and do no harm to yourself and others.

That should be the undiluted, no filler, no fluff, straight, with no chaser message of human behavior. Religion not needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X