Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wouldn't count out Pacquiao against Mayweather after the Marquez fight just yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't count out Pacquiao against Mayweather after the Marquez fight just yet

Sure technique and timing beats speed, but even with all of marqeuz's technique and timing + experience with pac, he was still getting hit with monstrous shots- all you need to do is look at his face(i can't find a post fight picture but he was looking pretty bad- sombody posted some here before). Now we know Marquez's heart is unquestionable, but what happens when Floyd gets hit like that? Can he stay with it it for 12 rounds like marquez?

Marquez only did this well the 3rd time because he's so used to Pacquiao by now, He's had 24 rounds of experience coming in, but Mayweather has never fought Pacquiao.

And we all saw what happened to Marquez BEFORE he fought Pacquiao. Would Floyd be able to get up 3 times and win the fight like Marquez did? Maybe he can, but i've never seen him in a war, and I've never seen him been taken to the edge. So I don't know for sure that he can.

The only thing I know for sure is that Mayweather and Marquez are two entirely different fighters.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM.

Pacquiao shouldn't be counted out at all, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Pacquiao won, and those that count him out or tear him down are only making a potential Mayweather win appear worse than it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      Sure technique and timing beats speed, but even with all of marqeuz's technique and timing + experience with pac, he was still getting hit with monstrous shots- all you need to do is look at his face(i can't find a post fight picture but he was looking pretty bad- sombody posted some here before). Now we know Marquez's heart is unquestionable, but what happens when Floyd gets hit like that? Can he stay with it it for 12 rounds like marquez?

Marquez only did this well the 3rd time because he's so used to Pacquiao by now, He's had 24 rounds of experience coming in, but Mayweather has never fought Pacquiao.

And we all saw what happened to Marquez BEFORE he fought Pacquiao. Would Floyd be able to get up 3 times and win the fight like Marquez did? Maybe he can, but i've never seen him in a war, and I've never seen him been taken to the edge. So I don't know for sure that he can.
      and you never will, because he doesnt fight wars, he boxes and breaks his opponent down, makin them look amateurish, and yes he would even do the same to superman pacquiao. this fight would be no different than the hatton fight IMO

Comment

I think they are actually doing all this on purpose. Like Dempsey and Chaz have done. It is history repeating itself. Smoke and mirrors. Lovers!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          and you never will, because he doesnt fight wars, he boxes and breaks his opponent down, makin them look amateurish, and yes he would even do the same to superman pacquiao. this fight would be no different than the hatton fight IMO
          a shot to your credibility with that statement

Comment

Underdog pacman= winning like always.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Pacquiao shouldn't be counted out at all, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Pacquiao won, and those that count him out or tear him down are only making a potential Mayweather win appear worse than it actually is.
              I absolutely would not count Pac out..BUT I would be fairly surprised if he won.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

The only thing I know for sure is that Mayweather and Marquez are two entirely different fighters.

You really think that Pacquiao can knock Mayweather down 3 times ?

The " new version " of Manny Pacquiao wasnt even able to knock down a 38 year old Marquez at Welterweight .
                Last edited by [SyrianUser]; 12-01-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

i didnt at all count him out before, but i definitely do now. theres really no good argument that could be made in his favor him as to how he deals with a fighter like floyd. its just a piss poor matchup for him and he has not improved enough for me to believe otherwise.

Comment

Man , give it up MP lost to JMM already. What makes people think MP can beat FMJ, if MP can even beat a 38 yr old. MP is one dimensional and JMM proved that, i think MP fans can't let igo of the fact that MP lost and will loose if he fight FMJ.

Comment

Working...
                    X