Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Bible****: Dinosaur to bird evolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes sense how it had to evolve into something that would fly.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      So you're saying we should stop trying to understand things that are beyond are comprehension? Wow, I guess we should stop developing new technologies, after-all, we can't understand it yet.

FYI, the majority of religious people I know believe in evolution, they just see it as an explanation on how the earth and its inhabitants were created, only difference is, they feel there was something that caused those random chain of events other than...well, nothing.
      No, I'm saying the complete opposite. Our knowledge of evolution and our understanding of the universe does not lead to a God like Marchegiano suggest. Just because we can't understand it right now it doesn't mean we never will. We continue to try to find answers and we don't need to create a backup answer like "God must have done it". It's better and more honest to say that we don't know yet than make something up and say a supernatural omnipotent being did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Not a bible ***, or even a dogmatic person. I am a professional scientist. I've always found great irony in the evolution debate amongst the lay people. What your side, and I'll repeat here I am on no side, fails to recognize is Evolution suggests the end result be God. Expand the theory beyond humans, beyond what we know to exist as the evolutionary standard. I'm not claiming there's a God, or am I claiming there will be a God, but it is significant that theory suggests the end result to be God, not in personality but ability. Food for thought my anti-christo friend.
        Actually you fail, bro. He's just pointing out that evolution supports that the idea that life on this planet is adapting to achieve optimum, or perfect, adaptations for our environment. Wouldn't what humans are capable of doing vs what an amoebae seem godlike? What's to say what our evolutionary path going to lead the human race to in 1 million years, 10 million...and so on.

The whole idea of evolution is based on chaos becoming order, adapting to improve sustainability, and it is not limited by a cap because we are unable to understand/foresee what future adaptations are possible.
        u no u fail hard ******

"but it is significant that theory suggests the end result to be God" <<<<< LOLLLLL!!!!!! hhahahhah!!! no ****!! its god!!! oh my hallehlujah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
          No, I'm saying the complete opposite. Our knowledge of evolution and our understanding of the universe does not lead to a God like Marchegiano suggest. Just because we can't understand it right now it doesn't mean we never will. We continue to try to find answers and we don't need to create a backup answer like "God must have done it". It's better and more honest to say that we don't know yet than make something up and say a supernatural omnipotent being did it.
          I know what you're saying, he was responding to Marchegiano's post, not yours.

Fine, say we don't know yet, but don't knock on people for having theories/beliefs on that what is not known. To prevent that thought is to attack the whole scientific process of discovery itself. You're stuck on the whole "I can't understand it, therefore it must be omitted" view which is very close minded, very much like how the religious were originally closed to the concept of evolution, it went against their dogma but after a while, people started thinking for themselves and realized that it wasn't really against the dogma.

What I'm trying to say is if you're really into the discovery and understanding of new concepts, don't so so quick to close off other peoples ideas just because you don't understand that viewpoint. Intuition (in this case, believers in spirituality) an rationalization (science) are two parts of our mind and one isn't necessarily always correct..

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa Mathysse View Post
            u no u fail hard ******

"but it is significant that theory suggests the end result to be God" <<<<< LOLLLLL!!!!!! hhahahhah!!! no ****!! its god!!! oh my hallehlujah!!!!
            Are humans not god-like to an amoeba?

Comment

But God isnt a hypothesis to the believers. It is the answer. If questioned the proof is in their faith. Which only helps the person making the claim, does nothing to convince a skeptic.

If the bible thumpers were claiming, "I think it might be god" we wouldnt have conversations like this.

I dont know of many deeply religious people who go around saying "I think" when it comes to topics of belief in god.

Comment

Are humans not god-like to an amoeba?
                well no humans are not god-like.... we are animals not gods and there is no god, and well is this the epitome of ur logic to come to that conclusion? sorry sir but ur an idiot kill ur self to eliminate ur ******ed genomes from humanity.
                Last edited by Poppa Mathysse; 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I know what you're saying, he was responding to Marchegiano's post, not yours.

Fine, say we don't know yet, but don't knock on people for having theories/beliefs on that what is not known. To prevent that thought is to attack the whole scientific process of discovery itself. You're stuck on the whole "I can't understand it, therefore it must be omitted" view which is very close minded, very much like how the religious were originally closed to the concept of evolution, it went against their dogma but after a while, people started thinking for themselves and realized that it wasn't really against the dogma.

What I'm trying to say is if you're really into the discovery and understanding of new concepts, don't so so quick to close off other peoples ideas just because you don't understand that viewpoint. Intuition (in this case, believers in spirituality) an rationalization (science) are two parts of our mind and one isn't necessarily always correct..
                  No I'm not. I'm not ommiting it, I'm stating that we shouldn't come to the conclusion that something supernatural did it. Just like we understand how the sun works, how lightning works etc, we no longer need gods to interpret what we didn't understand. We are a very young specie and we have just begun to really understand our surroundings, I have no doubt we'll get there maybe not in my life time but we'll get to the point were most of our superstitions will no longer be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                    But God isnt a hypothesis to the believers. It is the answer. If questioned the proof is in their faith. Which only helps the person making the claim, does nothing to convince a skeptic.

If the bible thumpers were claiming, "I think it might be god" we wouldnt have conversations like this.

I dont know of many deeply religious people who go around saying "I think" when it comes to topics of belief in god.
                    Faith is exactly what it is, belief without proof. Just because you require physical proof doesn't mean others do, sometimes a gut feeling is enough for people to believe something to be true, they may be wrong, but really, why does it bother you that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa Mathysse View Post
                      well no humans are not god-like.... we are animals not gods and there is no god, and well is this the epitome of ur logic to come to that conclusion? sorry sir but ur an idiot kill ur self to eliminate ur ******ed genomes from humanity.
                      Wow, kill myself because I have a more open-mind than you? I didn't say we are gods, I said we are god-like in comparison to an amoeba. If you don't understand that concept, there's no point discussing with someone with zero ability for abstract thought.

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                      No I'm not. I'm not ommiting it, I'm stating that we shouldn't come to the conclusion that something supernatural did it. Just like we understand how the sun works, how lightning works etc, we no longer need gods to interpret what we didn't understand. We are a very young specie and we have just begun to really understand our surroundings, I have no doubt we'll get there maybe not in my life time but we'll get to the point were most of our superstitions will no longer be needed.
                      I understand your point of view, not a big deal really, I just like to keep doors more open.

Do you acknowledge any spirituality (not talking about religion) wether it be ghosts, psychosis, The Force (actually kind of serious on that one, not the Star Wars religion, but that living creatures "energy")

Comment

Working...
                      X