No announcement yet.

Pacquiao files suit against Mayweather- for 75K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manuel6 View Post
    The article states that Pac is suing for more than $75,000. If you file a civil case in Federal court averring "diversity of citizenship" (simply means two or more persons from different states), you must also aver that the damages you are seeking total more than $75,000. He could not sue in Federal court for less. He is likely seeking more.
    In that context, makes a little more sense.

I just don't see why they didn't list what he wants in damages in the first place

Comment

The article states that Pac is suing for more than $75,000. If you file a civil case in Federal court averring "diversity of citizenship" (simply means two or more persons from different states), you must also aver that the damages you are seeking total more than $75,000. He could not sue in Federal court for less. He is likely seeking more.
      Thanks for clearing this up, 75k is weird though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Pacquiao's advisers are dumb as ****
        People who believe every single thing they are told by the media are dumber than ****.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Mayweather's lawyers are gonna open up every dirty secret pac has ever had in his life all for 75K

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
              What could be that amount "in excess" of 75,000? There is an ocean of difference between 75,000 and 75,000,000.
              Who knows. The journalist that wrote the article probably does not know for sure, but he does know enough about the law to know that to get in to Federal court you have to ask for more than $75,000 in damages. I have a friend who has an Federal ECF account (federal court filings). I will ask him tomorrow if I can use it and see if I can find the case. It was likely filed in Nevada Federal court since that is where the defendants live. If possible, I'll get a copy of the complaint and pass it along.

Comment

He got get less than 50k after Arum gets his share.

Comment

The article states " in excess of 75K" it could mean that if PAC wins, the monetary award could be much bigger.

In all civil cases, the judge is the one that decides how much the winner is getting. So that 75K can turn into, well, the Mayweathers better cross their fingers the judge ain't having a bad day, that 75K can easily turn into 20 mil !!

Just like that poor single mom who was caught for dowloading all that music, y'all remember that case.
                  Last edited by NYU Alum.; 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Who knows. The journalist that wrote the article probably does not know for sure, but he does know enough about the law to know that to get in to Federal court you have to ask for more than $75,000 in damages. I have a friend who has an Federal ECF account (federal court filings). I will ask him tomorrow if I can use it and see if I can find the case. It was likely filed in Nevada Federal court since that is where the defendants live. If possible, I'll get a copy of the complaint and pass it along.
                    There's already an article/thread for this that say in ten and ten millions... lol.

Comment

pacquiao should sue froid for everything he owns. then pacquiao could assumen floyds role of feeding the homeless, floyd being in line to receive the food supplies from pacquiao and team.

Comment

Working...
                      X