No announcement yet.

ufc 194 results.. my opinion..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
    Loved Weidman's "Shut up Dad" look he had on his face after his Dad started shoutin he was still his son at the end.
    Lmfao I had forgotten about that with the main event being what it was. Weirdest thing f#cking ever. This is why you don't want your family at dramatic &/or traumatic **** like a MMA fight if you got nutty family.

I thought Weidman was classy in defeat. Rockhold seems like a weird mofo, but he's a classy cat too. Looking forward to Rockhold vs Jeezus Romero. I don't hate Romero's chances there (truth be told I thought he had a draw at best vs Jacare, 1st rd, 10-9 or 10-8 Romero, 2nd & 3rd rds, 10-9 Jacare = 29-28 Jacare or 28-28) as I think Romero poses stylistic problems for f#cking anyone, but his stamina will fail him if Rockhold gets into the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Aldo is an ATG, he's dominated the best for 10 years, so yeah it was hard to see a 10 year reign end in just over 10 seconds.

But Conor said during the final presser that Aldo's right would be his opportunity.
      McGregor says some insightful ****. The precision over whatever (I forgot that part, accuracy?) & timing over speed stuff was gold. I think timing in particular is highly underrated & under considered in combat sports. I guess people don't have as easy a way to classify it, qualify it or something, but you can see it at play greatly with some of the best in all combat sports. Floyd comes to mind. Danny Garcia comes to mind too as nothing about him is all that great except maybe his timing (imo).

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
        On a couple of MMA forums, people were "Congratulating Rockhold despite him being a scumbag!!"

I might have missed something along the way but what's Rockhold done to be labelled a scumbag?
        He was on some dating type show & got the Ronda Rousey on TUF treatment he's said. I haven't seen it, only heard about it so can't vouch for how scumbaggy he came off, but obviously those shows pick & choose what they use. They could make the Dalai Llama look like a hipster ******* racist if they wanted with the right editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          McGregor says some insightful ****. The precision over whatever (I forgot that part, accuracy?) & timing over speed stuff was gold. I think timing in particular is highly underrated & under considered in combat sports. I guess people don't have as easy a way to classify it, qualify it or something, but you can see it at play greatly with some of the best in all combat sports. Floyd comes to mind. Danny Garcia comes to mind too as nothing about him is all that great except maybe his timing (imo).
          Tszyu over Judah and Forrest over Mosely. Both preached it during their victory interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            "Precision beats Power. Timing beats Speed." - McGreGOAT

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
              Was also rooting for Aldo. I think Conor's mind games got to him - was out of character to see Aldo rush in so reckless at the start of a fight. Left himself wide open and was similar to Rousey rushing Holly Holm. Except that Conor has one punch KO power.

I've been a long time Rockhold fan since Strikeforce days so was happy to see him win.
              Definitely the mind games and taunts that did Aldo in. Aldo just wanted it end it as fast as it started but got timed and caught perfectly.

Aldo laid one on Conor's head before he went down, but Conor was in back motion when it landed.

Great job by Conor both in and out of the ring.

Comment

Working...
              X