No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell Demolishes Timur Ibragimov in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    it's true that Timur was not really out on his feet just hurt and a bit dazed but he DID take a lot of unanswered shots however it must be noted that Timur has never been knocked down before in his entire career so the ref perhaps should have given him the benefit of the doubt considering as you said the round may have been close to the end and Mitchell was not particularly dominating the fight i.e. I thought Timur was doing well in round 1.
    But either way who cares Chris Arreola, Klitschkos etc anyone would kill Mitchell easily
    Arreola beat Mitchell?..I don't think so. Klitchko probably, Arreola, no. Timur has fought some good fighters. Tony thompson and calvin brock couldn't get him out, much less really hurt him badly like mitchell did. It's doubtful he would of recovered from those shots. I think Mitchell deserves more credit than he's getting, and i'm no fan of his.

Comment

wow im impress finally a decent american hw lets see what he can do

Comment

it was a good win but not much of a fight. i have to see seth vs a decent boxer
        because he looked easy to hit with right hands.but a good prosepct maybe see
        him agaist sam peter would be good hbo fight.

Comment

great win for seth really good guy too

Comment

A little early on the stoppage, but not outrageous. Timur had taken a bunch of hard punches to the head with no reply. I thought Timur would do much better than this.

Nice step up for Mitchell, and he seems like a classy guy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              great win for seth really good guy too
              It was a great win. It's only natural for people to get on here and immediately try to undermine the performance.

It wasn't like Mitchell just landed one lucky right hand and bang! ref stops the fight.

He did a number of things well that bode well for him going forward.

1) He moved in behind a jab. He didn't just rush in hoping to land a big punch. Mitchell is the kind of guy who is always gonna get jabbed and occasionally caught with a right hand. His style dictates that he will take punches to land them. He isn't going to win fights with his jab like a Klitschko or Lewis, but he needs to use the jab appropriately if he wants to be successful. I thought he did that tonight.

2) He punched to the body with the right hand very well. As noted in the post fight he landed an unusually large amount of right hand body shots. It's a weapon you don't see often from a Heavyweight but a great example of a guy using the right hand to the body to open up a punishing offensive was Lyakovich when he defeated Lamon Brewster. He repeatedly opened up Brewster to a vicious left hook upstairs after leading to the body with the right. Mitchell showed that body shot, left hook upstairs combo tonight and got Ibragimov's attention right away.

3) Power with both hands. Pretty easy to understand the importance of that at Heavyweight.

4) Excellent finishing skills. Once he had Ibragimov hurt he unloaded big shots but he did it with patience and precision. Part of the reason people are skeptical of Mitchell is because they assume that such a largely inexperienced fighter will struggle with the finer points of the craft, such as finishing his man off. It was impressive the way he went after Ibragimov and whether the guy was KTFO or not he really wasn't leaving the referee any choice but to step in.

There are other things, but all in all I was very impressed with Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                Arreola beat Mitchell?..I don't think so. Klitchko probably, Arreola, no. Timur has fought some good fighters. Tony thompson and calvin brock couldn't get him out, much less really hurt him badly like mitchell did. It's doubtful he would of recovered from those shots. I think Mitchell deserves more credit than he's getting, and i'm no fan of his.
                Beating washed up feather fisted journeyman Timur proves absolutely nothing. Timur got dominated by Thompson and Brock 5 years ago.

Mitchell has power, but he is still totally untested and has a lot of flaws. He's slow, has no defense and is easy to hit. Timur landed 50% of his punches and stunned Mitchell with a right hand.

Mitchell would get murdered by either Klitschko.

He would also lose to Haye, Povetkin, Arreola, Chambers, Adamek, Chagaev, Boytsov, Helenius, Fury, Chisora, Thompson, Peter, Solis, etc.

Wake me up when Mitchell fights someone with a pulse.
                Last edited by Goodfella12; 12-11-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  It was a great win. It's only natural for people to get on here and immediately try to undermine the performance.

It wasn't like Mitchell just landed one lucky right hand and bang! ref stops the fight.

1) He moved in behind a jab. He didn't just rush in hoping to land a big punch. Mitchell is the kind of guy who is always gonna get jabbed and occasionally caught with a right hand. His style dictates that he will take punches to land them. He isn't going to win fights with his jab like a Klitschko or Lewis, but he needs to use the jab appropriately if he wants to be successful. I thought he did that tonight.

2) He punched to the body with the right hand very well. As noted in the post fight he landed an unusually large amount of right hand body shots. It's a weapon you don't see often from a Heavyweight but a great example of a guy using the right hand to the body to open up a punishing offensive was Lyakovich when he defeated Lamon Brewster. He repeatedly opened up Brewster to a vicious left hook upstairs after leading to the body with the right. Mitchell showed that body shot, left hook upstairs combo tonight and got Ibragimov's attention right away.

3) Power with both hands. Pretty easy to understand the importance of that at Heavyweight.

4) Excellent finishing skills. Once he had Ibragimov hurt he unloaded big shots but he did it with patience and precision. Part of the reason people are skeptical of Mitchell is because they assume that such a largely inexperienced fighter will struggle with the finer points of the craft, such as finishing his man off. It was impressive the way he went after Ibragimov and whether the guy was KTFO or not he really wasn't leaving the referee any choice but to step in.

i agree vato

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Good posting, i agree with everything. If Mitchell improves his defence he could be a force, if not hes still an entertaining fighter who will get a titleshot.
                    I would like to see him against Povetkin in 2012. Klitschkos would be to much though. Besides that we still dont know how good his chin is, i would like to see him take a punch from a hard hitting heavyweight. Maybe Peter but Peter is totally shot and im shure Mitchell beats him by KO or by points. Im shure a fight against Peter would be easier than the Ibragimov-fight. Ibragimov is really not bad and he came in good shape at 221, he came to win but was overwhelmed by Mitchells power. And he has never been stopped before so this is a statement.
                    I would like to see him knocking Helenius, he deserves it after the huge robbery against Chisora. Before he fought Chisora i was a fan of Helenius but now i want to see him on the canvas.
                    Last edited by Tobi.G; 12-11-2011, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Would love to see him vs Arreola. I hope that's his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X