No announcement yet.

Boxing ratings poor for Bradley-Alexander: 1.454 million peak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comediaи View Post
    Boxing ratings poor for Bradley-Alexander: 1.454 million peak, 2.65 HH rating. Did well compared to the Showtime MMA ratings: 653k peak.
    You know that 1.454M viewers puts it in the top 3 for HBO boxing as far as ratings in the last year?

I don't remember the exact totals, but only Martinez-Williams II and Cotto-Foreman could have above it and not by much, if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      Khan-Maidana are two Non-Americans who didn't get the same HBO promotion that Bradley-Alexander got (Face-off and promotional content in the Khan-Maidana fight). On top of that Khan-Maidana was competing with the bantamweight tournament of ShowTime.
      Yea but everybody expected Khan-Maidana to be a great fight. You can't say the same for Bradley-Alexander.

Martinez-Williams II. 1.3M

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        You know that 1.454M viewers puts it in the top 3 for HBO boxing as far as ratings in the last year?

I don't remember the exact totals, but only Martinez-Williams II and Cotto-Foreman are close to it.
        Cotto-Foreman did 1.6M

Comment

I reckon about 700k of those 1.4 mil viewers fell asleep after the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
            Cotto-Foreman did 1.6M
            Just searched for it and Martinez-Williams II got 1.3M. If you're putting 1.454M live viewers as poor ratings, then you haven't been following that sort of info. Bradley-Alexander is top 2 in ratings for the last year.

Comment

Just searched for it and Martinez-Williams II got 1.3M. If you're putting 1.454M live viewers as poor ratings, then you haven't been following that sort of info. Bradley-Alexander is top 2 in ratings for the last year.
              I just copied and pasted what Kevin Iole said

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                Yea but everybody expected Khan-Maidana to be a great fight. You can't say the same for Bradley-Alexander.

Martinez-Williams II. 1.3M

Who is everybody? Less US viewers know Khan and Maidana than Bradley and Alexander IMO. Boxng fans were more excited over Bradley VS Alexander than Khan VS Maidana IMO.

Also a lot of people felt that Bradley VS Alexander was going to be a better fight IMO.

People felt Khan would win a borig UD or Maidana a KO.

1.45 is good, but if it was a PPV, you know it would have done pretty badly IMO.

Comment

Yup, anybody thinking 1.45M is bad is ignorant when it comes to ratings.

Comment

What is the average? If it was around 1.3 like Martinez-Williams then it's ok, about what you would expect.

Iole works for ZUFFA and loves to discredit boxing so I wouldn't take his analysis too seriously.

Comment

ehm actually thats pretty good..........

Comment

Working...
                      X