Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vid: Ellerbe claims an article on BoxingScene is what made the fight a Catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid: Ellerbe claims an article on BoxingScene is what made the fight a Catchweight

Ellerbe Quote about catchweights prior to the Cotto fight
    "He was a dead man walking when he went into the ring," Ellerbe said. "The casual fan doesn't know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight. Fighters know."

"That's one thing Floyd make perfectly clear to us," Ellerbe said. "He didn't want to fight him at a catchweight, he wanted to fight him at the weight. Sometimes, you don't get full credit when you fight at a catchweight. Floyd wanted to make sure Miguel was comfortable."

LOL Mayweathers getting exposed, Floyds huge nostril towel holder is trying to justify the catchweight looking like some real snakes just because the manager said they would be willing to fight Floyd at a catchweight, it just goes to show Floyd wanted to take advantage, now they blaming and article put out on Boxingscene for the catchweight. Horrible try at justifying the catchweight after being so against it even saying he refused to fight cotto at a catchweight even if it was offered because unlike Pacman he wants cotto healthy, pretty much show he wanted Canelo drained here.

Last edited by hectari; 08-30-2013, 03:27 PM.

You can't blast catch weights then say it has nothing to do with the fight.....

Comment

Pac gets knocked in one fight.

Yep.

Gatekeeper.

Tell you what.

He loses to Rios, in Macau, you can keep the decade belt.

Comment

Canelo: Catch-Weight Wasn't Me, Don't Want it at 152 - Boxing News

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-ca...-it-152--66991

Floyd's entire camp is filled with nothing but liars

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          LOL Mayweathers getting exposed, Floyds huge nostril towel holder is trying to justify the catchweight looking like some real snakes just because the manager said they would be willing to fight Floyd at a catchweight, it just goes to show Floyd wanted to take advantage, now they blaming and article put out on Boxingscene for the catchweight. Horrible try at justifying the catchweight after being so against it even saying he refused to fight cotto at a catchweight even if it was offered because unlike Pacman he wants cotto healthy, pretty much show he wanted Canelo drained here.

I don't see what the problem is. I would have done the same for my fighter. You are looking to get as many advantages as possible and if his management said they'd be willing to fight at catchweight, why not?

Same as Ward vs Dawson. Dawson was stupid enough to say he would fight at 168, why should Ward give him the advantage and fight him at '75?

Comment

I don't care about the catchweight or what a hypocrite Floyd & his camp is/are. This fight is worth watching not just for the main event but the co-main event which could also be a PPV in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I don't see what the problem is. I would have done the same for my fighter. You are looking to get as many advantages as possible and if his management said they'd be willing to fight at catchweight, why not?

Same as Ward vs Dawson. Dawson was stupid enough to say he would fight at 168, why should Ward give him the advantage and fight him at '75?
              Would you really? Bear in mind that this fighter has been bashing catchweights for years saying stuff like he considered Cotto for undefeated etc.

This is hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

I'm wondering if boxing has ever had such a greasy, slimy bunch of lying toerags as the Mayweather team. They shame the sport on an almost daily basis.

Comment

wheres tge boxing scene article? can someone find it nd post a link.

or was it my signature that you saw leonard that sort of pissed you off? lol

Comment

I really can't stand anything about Ellerbe. Especially the way he looks. And then he opens his mouth and it just gets way worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X