Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much hate

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...935#post576935

Comment

What was Pacquiao trying to do anyway, he just walked straight into that punch. Overconfidence I guess

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        Yes, I also believe it was a lucky punch. Marquez' head was down just past Pacquiao's right side and he couldn't possibly have seen where it was going to land. By the same token, Pacquiao was unable to see it coming. I've seen this sort of punch, before as have you all, and it's impossible for the fighter to see it coming, nor the thrower to know where it's landing.

It's wrong of Marquez to be taking credit as if he planned it. He was lucky and he gets credit for the win, and should be happy with that. It will increase his bargaining power for the return. Some say he deserved to win, I say no, because he was not winning, he was well on the way to losing in a big way, so the fighter who deserved to win was the guy who was doing the most to win, and that was MannyP, who was beating Marquez up until he was KO'd with that single punch.

It was the unpredictability of boxing, which is what makes it exciting for specatators.

You haven't seen many Marquez fights have you? In fact any boxing in general. When you throw a straight right with all your weight behind it, your arm lines up with the opponents face which means your head will end up at the side of the opponent. :******:

Pacquiao-Marquez 3

Marquez-Diaz

Comment

Working...
        X