Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mick Hennesey: better than Wank Warren, or even more of a ****?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
    No he lost twice in the Olympic trials once brutally ko`d.
    I read that dave price knocked it out in two rounds. a shame that, he`ll fight someone tall who has a punch and get kayod.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra 2K9 View Post
      I read that dave price knocked it out in two rounds. a shame that, he`ll fight someone tall who has a punch and get kayod.
      I have no idea if Fury has been KO'd, but with regard to Price:

"I fought David Price three years ago, when I was 17. It was my ninth amateur bout, I knocked him down in the fight, but lost it on points," explained Fury.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...g-and-MMA.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra 2K9 View Post

He has a dreadful chin.

Comment

There are lots of promoters that are rivals to Warren and keep him on his toes like Barry Hearns and his Matchroom Sport, who introduced Prizefighter to Sky and the various boxers who have begun gathering stables of boxers and tieing up TV deals from Haymaker to Hatton and Clazaghe soon to come, not to mention Frank Maloney.

Back in the day it was much worse with guys like Jack Solomon, who had an iron grip on British Boxing, and when Warren was stepping up in the Promotions world, he didn't exactly get a nice reception from the likes of Mickey Duff & Harry Levine.

In my opinion most negative comments come from a fans perspective, which doesn't reflect the realities 'on the ground' as they say, therefore the work of a modern promoter/matchmaker is hugely distorted. I'm no fan of any particular promoter but it has to be said that the likes of Warren get an unfair amount of online heat and for the most part it is based on nothing short of absolute ignorance about the sport.

Promoting can be a selfless struggle and whatever Frank Warren or any succesfull promoter can get, is the least they deserve. Alot of fighters like to talk nonesense about how they were ripped off, especially after they have become established and have been made into a celebrity but in their stupidity they don't understand the basics of negotiating, examples are Calzaghe and Hennessey.

Alot of fans talk of the glory days of boxing and how boxers should aspire to the golden age of boxing, when fighters were literally fodder for our inner thurst for blood. This is entertainment after all and not some sick Lenny Mclean brawl.

Modern Boxing has cleaned it's act up and I agree that many fights weren't overly exciting for the boxing fans in recent years but boxing reacted, firstly in the US when Golden Boy stepped out and began matchmaking some great fights and in the UK, promoters such as Warren did react to the change and challenges laid down by new promoters and the emergence of MMA. Slowly even Germany is now beginning to come out of it's isolated shell.

Every good promoter has a number of strategies or gamplans, which he/she employes according to the strength's and weakness' of their fighters. I can assure you all, that although it may sound exciting what the likes of Hennessey & Haye are doing in being gung ho but it's a short term strategy which cannot and will not last.

Comment

Working...
          X