No announcement yet.

Mr Trebus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Trebus

Edmund Trebus died on 29th September 2002 in London. He was born in 11th November 1918 and was married with five children. He reached the public consciousness in the BBC documentary A Life Of Grime which showed his heroic determination to hoard what most people call rubbish in his house and garden. I did not know Mr Trebus and have no connection with his family whatsoever, but when I posted a note of his death on my site I was stunned not only by the numbers of visitors and comments I received but also by the dearth of information about him on the internet.

http://peteashton.com/images/trebus.jpg

He was constantly in trouble with the local council's health department because of complaints about the rubbish surrounding his home. He lived in a tiny area of the house on the ground floor, surrounded by piles of garbage; he never threw anything away. The documentary, A Life Of Grime, showed Trebus arguing with council workers who come to clean his house. He eventually was placed in a nursing home. He died in his sleep at age 83.

Does no one remember this guy then? I thought it was as funny as hell, I hope the old bugger rests in peace. lol

Comment

I remember him, he was a real character, kept hording crap in his garden until eventually they put him in a home.
      Best part about that was that when they checked his draw in his room at the home he had 'stole' about 20 sugar spoons from the dining room and when they 'caught' him he just turned to the camera and winked, as if to say "they thought they had beat me didn't they"

Hope the old git sleeps well!

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton
        I remember him, he was a real character, kept hording crap in his garden until eventually they put him in a home.
        Best part about that was that when they checked his draw in his room at the home he had 'stole' about 20 sugar spoons from the dining room and when they 'caught' him he just turned to the camera and winked, as if to say "they thought they had beat me didn't they"

Hope the old git sleeps well!
        "old git"
        lol!

Comment

Working...
        X