No announcement yet.

Clottey = Underrated win for Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Clottey is strong but not tough. He looks for a way out of a fight when under duress unless he has no choice but to fire back. But he'll do his best to get out, such as using headbutts (Baldomir), feining injury or he'll flat out stop fighting. I picked him to quit against Pacquiao and he did--just not in the way I anticipated.
    I was talking more about his actual punch resistance rather mental toughness. Looking back i already covered that with 'strong'...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I was talking more about his actual punch resistance rather mental toughness. Looking back i already covered that with 'strong'...
      He can definitely take a shot. And he is quite the skilled fighter. But all that goes out the window when you stand up to him. It's why he tends to "fade" in the latter rounds although it's clear he's hardly fatigued.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He can definitely take a shot. And he is quite the skilled fighter. But all that goes out the window when you stand up to him. It's why he tends to "fade" in the latter rounds although it's clear he's hardly fatigued.
        Yeah sure Clottey definitely had some obvious flaws... I do think he got more fatigued than he let on though, not sure how considering his poor punch output. I'd have to watch it again but the last few rounds against Cotto he looked pretty tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Yeah sure Clottey definitely had some obvious flaws... I do think he got more fatigued than he let on though, not sure how considering his poor punch output. I'd have to watch it again but the last few rounds against Cotto he looked pretty tired.
          Didn't seem tired to me. Watched ringside and several times recorded as well. Just seemed like typical Joshua. At least we didn't get a "my hand is paining me" like he did against Margarito or just start butting his opponent like he did against Baldomir (although that headbutt against Cotto was pretty suspect and his pretending to suffer a bad leg injury after that fall was downright hilarious).

Comment

Pacquaio did what he had to do. It wasn't his fault Clottey came for a paycheck. It was a pretty big win if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
            X