Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zuffa Refuses to renew Fedor's contract...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    ^^^ lol, sorry but I gotta laugh at that. 2 fights ago, Fedor was supposed to be able to walk right through Brock.
    I still say he does....

Comment

Umm

two facts:

Fedor's contract is not with Strikeforce, It's with Showtime.

Evgeni Kogan says there is no truth to these rumors, and provided the source of the rumor on Twitter.

Comment

in my opinion even in his prime fedor would lose to these huge skilled superheavyweights like lesnar, overeem, carwin, and we've never seen him in again a skilled complete wrestler like cain or even josh barnett, MMA today is on a completely different level to MMA 6years ago

Comment

I disagree with your picks and the suggestion that Fedor never beat a top wrestler.

Also, Carwin beating Fedor, really? Shane Carwin can't even beat his meat for more than 3 minutes without gassing out.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
            in my opinion even in his prime fedor would lose to these huge skilled superheavyweights like lesnar, overeem, carwin, and we've never seen him in again a skilled complete wrestler like cain or even josh barnett, MMA today is on a completely different level to MMA 6years ago
            this made me laugh alot.........

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
              Lesnar, Carwin, and Cain are not skilled (international level) wrestlers nor are they complete fighters. Brock probably doesnt even know most submission moves. Theres only a handful of Olympic level wrestler in the HW division and Fedor has beaten one already.

A prime Lesnar or a prime Carwin would most likely loose to a Prime Zulu. MMA hasnt evolved at all, its devolved to the point where fighters only know how to blanket another fighter. Fighters in Pride work so they could be in a position to slap on a submission, fighters (Zuffa) now work so they could blanket another person for the whole fight. Ground game used to be called grappling, now its just called wrestling.

Comment

Of course Zuffa isn't going to give Fedor that type of sweet contract that he had with strikeforce. He is going to have to renegotiate the terms for him to get in to UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
                  Lesnar, Carwin, and Cain are not skilled (international level) wrestlers nor are they complete fighters. Brock probably doesnt even know most submission moves. Theres only a handful of Olympic level wrestler in the HW division and Fedor has beaten one already.

A prime Lesnar or a prime Carwin would most likely loose to a Prime Zulu. MMA hasnt evolved at all, its devolved to the point where fighters only know how to blanket another fighter. Fighters in Pride work so they could be in a position to slap on a submission, fighters (Zuffa) now work so they could blanket another person for the whole fight. Ground game used to be called grappling, now its just called wrestling.
                  theyre big and have strong muscles fedor is old and soft thats all it takes
                  im not saying carwin would beat him but he would have a chance i mean big foot silva beat him

Comment

Lets talk wrestling! Alot of mma assume mma wrestlers are top teir guys. Really great wrestlers. Watch Dan Gable then watch absolutly anyone in MMA you feel could possibly be good. The difference is as big as the difference is MMA boxing vs traditional boxing. MMA is young and I don't really think we've ran into anyone truly great at anything just yet. The truly great mma fighter can roll with Gable and punch with Robinson. Maybe one day that kid will show up but right now skills need developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      Lets talk wrestling! Alot of mma assume mma wrestlers are top teir guys. Really great wrestlers. Watch Dan Gable then watch absolutly anyone in MMA you feel could possibly be good. The difference is as big as the difference is MMA boxing vs traditional boxing. MMA is young and I don't really think we've ran into anyone truly great at anything just yet. The truly great mma fighter can roll with Gable and punch with Robinson. Maybe one day that kid will show up but right now skills need developed.
                      That's a bit much I would say.

However Mark Coleman is probably the best wrestler we've seen in the HW division to date.

And anyone who thinks Brock Lesnar is some sort of novelty apparently has never seen Mark Kerr.

Comment

Working...
                      X