Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Fans Don't Want To Admit Defeat So Why Should He! LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      As great as I think Ward is, I do think he get's away with far too much.

He holds a lot. Not only that but he holds, pushes and then does a lot of hold and hit stuff which simply isn't legal. He is very, very good at it, but he is allowed to do it far more than he should be.
      He would'nt be allowed to do as much of these things if he fights in europe, which is a good thing. Come to europe Ward. Robberies are always a bad thing though and i dont want ANY BOXER to get robbed by the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Do people not understand the difference between holding and fighting inside? Ward tied Kessler up a few times to slow him down, JUST like Mikey Garcia did recently to Salido. Most of the time though, Kessler was the one grabbing hold of Ward when Ward would move in close on Mikkel to fight inside, given the fact Kessler can't fight inside and isn't used to that, he panicked and would clinch Ward, when Kessler clinched Ward, Andre would work the free hand which was next level stuff.

Just watch the fight for yourself, Ward outboxes Kessler on the back-foot, when Kessler tries to pressure Ward, Ward would slide inside on Kessler and intelligently smother him, and Kessler's not used to that due to it being more of an American unconventional style of boxing, so like I said, he would clinch Ward. Anyway you slice it, Ward embarrassed a 43 fight veteran who was an elite level fighter with only 20 fights and outclassed him in every facet of the game. And, I like Kessler I think he's a great fighter, but like Andre has said himself, Kessler came to Oakland because he thought there was no way he could lose and thought he had a green fighter in front of him. Mikkel was wrong, and he payed the very hefty price for the gamble he took. End of story.

I think Ward got rough with Kessler and out muscled him not only to prove a point to Mikkel, but to prove a point to all of the journalists/writers and everyone else who said he had a suspect chin and was nothing but a decent boxer with no power and no physical strength. They were all wrong. Like Ward also said himself right before the Abraham fight "When I'm physical, I'm dirty. When I box, I'm not physical enough. Which tells me to just fight my fight." The truth.
        "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tmann400 again"

Excellent post

Comment

Yeah I said it in another article, some fighters just cannot accept when they have been bested. I know it is part of being a fighter and having to have that attitude, I get it. But it just makes fighters look foolish when they whine about losses in which they were thoroughly dominated. JMM had legitimate reasons to be upset by his Pac losses because the only one he should have had was the 1st fight. JMM wont fights 2-4 in reality but I digress.

Kessler and Froch too both need to just fight each other, beat the **** out of each other and go on to their next fights, and leave Ward's name out of their mouths.

Comment

Great champions travel.
            Ward is the champ of Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Ward is the champ of Oakland.
              Didn't he beat Froch in Atlantic City?

Comment

I don't understand why Kessler and Froch make so many excuses. He lost the fight fair and square. It's funny all people can say is real champions travel which has nothing to do with Ward dominate both boxers it's not like they got screwed out of decision. I think Ward would beat both fighters easily in a rematch. He only had 20 pro fights when fought Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  Do people not understand the difference between holding and fighting inside? Ward tied Kessler up a few times to slow him down, JUST like Mikey Garcia did recently to Salido. Most of the time though, Kessler was the one grabbing hold of Ward when Ward would move in close on Mikkel to fight inside, given the fact Kessler can't fight inside and isn't used to that, he panicked and would clinch Ward, when Kessler clinched Ward, Andre would work the free hand which was next level stuff.

Just watch the fight for yourself, Ward outboxes Kessler on the back-foot, when Kessler tries to pressure Ward, Ward would slide inside on Kessler and intelligently smother him, and Kessler's not used to that due to it being more of an American unconventional style of boxing, so like I said, he would clinch Ward. Anyway you slice it, Ward embarrassed a 43 fight veteran who was an elite level fighter with only 20 fights and outclassed him in every facet of the game. And, I like Kessler I think he's a great fighter, but like Andre has said himself, Kessler came to Oakland because he thought there was no way he could lose and thought he had a green fighter in front of him. Mikkel was wrong, and he payed the very hefty price for the gamble he took. End of story.

I think Ward got rough with Kessler and out muscled him not only to prove a point to Mikkel, but to prove a point to all of the journalists/writers and everyone else who said he had a suspect chin and was nothing but a decent boxer with no power and no physical strength. They were all wrong. Like Ward also said himself right before the Abraham fight "When I'm physical, I'm dirty. When I box, I'm not physical enough. Which tells me to just fight my fight." The truth.
                  Wow you're in serious denial my friend.

Comment

So many people in denial. Ward held, and held way too often. He should have had points taken away.

Comment

Too scared to travel? Ward won Olympic Gold in Greece. No doubt a load of dickheads on here think Athens is in California. Get real. Ward handled Kessler and Froch (who are both good fighters) with ease and would beat them again, territory irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X