No announcement yet.

Could Floyd have maintained the shoulder roll against Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread developed as expected.

Most neutral fans will say Floyd wouldn't be able to maintain his shoulder roll against Duran and ALL Floyd fans will randomly reference Duran-Leonard 2 and say Floyd would maintain it and beat Duran.
    Last edited by LeG00N; 01-15-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      See, its more than just the shoulder roll. Floyd was very good maintaining the right distance in his prime. Look what Surgar Ray did in the second fight. No way a prime Duran beats a prime Floyd.
      Leonard is one of the ATG welterweights. Duran beat him at 147, whilst Roberto's best weight was 135. Mayweather fights nothing like Ray, so it's impossible to draw parallels based on styles. Looking at them specifically, I don't believe Floyd's style would hold up against Duran's onslaught. Considering that Leonard was a better fighter than Mayweather (IMO), and that he lost to the naturally smaller man, I find it even less likely that Floyd could beat Duran at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

Most neutral fans will say Floyd wouldn't be able to main his shoulder roll against Duran and ALL Floyd fans will randomly reference Duran-Leonard 2 and say Floyd would maintain it and beat Duran.
        this is probably the most accurate post you have made on here in like a year...you digressed into a ****poster really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          this is probably the most accurate post you have made on here in like a year...you digressed into a ****poster really bad.

Play your Mayweather nuthugger role mate, and I'll continue to play mine

Comment

Most neutral fans will say Floyd wouldn't be able to main his shoulder roll against Duran and ALL Floyd fans will randomly reference Duran-Leonard 2 and say Floyd would maintain it and beat Duran.
            The pathetic part about it is that they inadvertently reveal the fact that they've never even seen Duran/Leonard 2 when they claim that Leonard "boxed circles" around Duran.

It was a close and competitive fight until Duran decided to pack it in. Anybody who has actually seen it knows that much.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              Gameplan to make the little man come up in weight and then show up overweight? lol. I can't deny, it's a great plan. Especially when the little man is considered at the time, P4P #2. Make's life easy.
              the nerve of a pac tard. and Floyd still weighed less than Pac and guess what the difference was, Pacjuice got his ass put to sleep. ^_^

Comment

Play your Mayweather nuthugger role mate, and I'll continue to play mine
                I used to be the biggest Mayweather critic, then Philippines happened. What purpose is there to me criticizing Floyd when the 9th largest country on the planet is dedicated to discrediting every waking moment of the man's life?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                  the nerve of a pac tard. and Floyd still weighed less than Pac and guess what the difference was, Pacjuice got his ass put to sleep. ^_^
                  he came in over the limit and was fined he was to make 144 CW and came in 146...they allowed him to stay a 146 and JMM at 142lbs. Although Floyd was fined! He came in over 150 lbs on the unofficial scales on fight night!! Some experts believe it was higher! being Floyd refused to let HBO weigh him on fight night! So Floyd weighed way more than Manny did doofus!

Comment

lol that thread is funny aahahah. Now that Pac got demolished the Pac fans can't do threads about how Pac would beat Floyd they now have to dig in the all-time great to do that.

Comment

Maaan. **** the Leonard fight. What about Benitez and Laing?

Different types of fighters of course. But they worked off the jab, landed their power shots and smothered him, they made him miss, they kept the fight in the center of the ring, clinched him and roughed him up when he tried to get inside..... they basically kept Duran off balance. They frustrated and outboxed this "invincible force" that you guys are talking about. They didn't run. They used upper body and head movement to evade a lot of his punches. I guess Laing ran during the first couple rounds but eventually settled in.

So now all of the sudden, you throw Floyd Mayweather into the picture, one of the greatest defensive fighters we've ever seen, incredibly gifted athlete, quick relfexes, quick hands, boxing IQ out of this world......Duran just walks through him?

The biggest problem with a lot of the responses in this thread is people assuming that Floyd will go to the ropes and let Duran tee off on him. That's nonsense. Floyd can create offense out of the shoulder roll stance too. What about when they are in the center of the ring? Floyd likes to work his jab, throw that looping left hook around the tight guard, slip in that sneaky right upper cut....he's got a heavy aresenal of punches he can throw out that stance.

And on top of that, he doesn't always fight out of that stance. He can square up and fight off his back foot, he drops his hands and counters at times. He loves to square up and shoot that lead right which Benitez staggered Druan a few times with. There's a lot more to Floyd than just being defensive fighter that sits in the shoulder roll stance.

I'm not saying that Floyd outclassses Duran, but anyone who things that Duran walks through Floyd like he's some kind of bum journeyman is out of their ****in mind. This would be a very good close fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X