Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wlad Klitschko be remembered as one of the greatest world champions EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest?? HIGHLY doubt it but will be regarded as a great champion no doubt.

Comment

I'd struggle to put him in the top 30. Not saying he's horrible, but really i don't see him ahead of very many ATG's.

Comment

A fighter's reign always has to be deconstructed.... JacK Johnson had some pretty harsh words for that upstart known as Joe Louis.... and on it goes.

What will become relevant to the Klitschko reign is a couple of things:

a) Will the size of a "heavy" change? Or was the size of the klitschkos an idiocyncracy? If the klitschkos have ushered in a new age, along with lewis this will make their reign seem better because it will indicate that they dominated guys who might have been good fighters in another era....I don't agree with this but it is a possible epistemological construction regarding relative talent and the Klitschko era.

b) Who will come next? Its not so much how the Klitschkos lose, if they lose a fight, but the next reign may tell us a lot about the previous reign. The next guy who emerges from the pack!

With those considerations in mind we have to acknowledge that of the two brothers Vitali was always considered the one harder to beat...and Lewis beat him. Vlad was always the one with natural gifts but he never has fought anyone to test his metal. He went life and death with Sam Peter...not a thrilling endorsement all things considered.

As far as the argument that some fighters outclass i.e put on a clinic....well it applies to Mayweather and it applied to Jones....Both guys also fought some good comp along the way. The Klitschkos have great punching technique but do not move particularly well, have not fought and beat any great fighters.... thats how i see it. These guys do not take risks. Imanuel Charr was as far as the 'risk' meter goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          I'd struggle to put him in the top 30. Not saying he's horrible, but really i don't see him ahead of very many ATG's.
          It would be a treat to see a top30 list without Wlad in it. Do you care to make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            Safety first heavyweight is a huge turn off for fans. Nobody wants to see a 6'6 250 pound man school anyone. They wanna see him destroy people.
            Who cares. Fans don't decide whether he's ATG or not. History does and when he retires he is going go down as one of the absolute best/most dominant HWs of all time.

It is what it is, nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy the greatness

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
              History will show a dominant fighter in an abysmal division. If your recent opponents include Wach, Pianetta, Mormeck, Thompson II, well... Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              And every other HW champion in the history of the sport has has title defenses against no name scrubs just like Wach, Pianeta and Mormeck.

Find a HW champion who defended his title against top 10 ranked opponents for every single fight his whole career.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Don't forget Wlad still has a chance to beat former Olympic gold medalist/undefeated-#1 contender Povetkin, and will probably have a few more victories against legit contenders not named Mormeck/Pianeta before he retires.... If he retired right now without even fighting anybody else, he'd still be an ATG IMO

Comment

Working...
                X