Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The highest paid Non-PPV fighter is... Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
    KOs and exciting fights are overrated. It's all about technique and quality opposition.

Have fun watching 100/1 favorite GGG destroy Dwayne Wade or whatever the phuck that dude's name is.

Even Canelo is only a 3/1 to 4/1 favorite over Khan right now, and that's supposedly a gross mismatch
    i respectfully disagree, when it comes to sports, excitement is the number 1 factor.

Skill is important, however a fighter who can deliver excitement and good skill as well as personality outside the ring would be the most watched and biggest money generating entity. Wade brings 0 excitement but GGG brings a ton of excitement and skill.... a September Canelo vs. GGG would bring the best of all worlds if they can make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
      People keep saying PBC overpays their guys but Andre Ward is the highest paid Non-PPV fighter.

What gives?
      Ward?

It's Wladimir Klitschko, and it's not even close.
      RTL, the German TV partner for Klitschko pays him 5M € for every fight to broadcast his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
        KOs and exciting fights are overrated. It's all about technique and quality opposition.

Have fun watching 100/1 favorite GGG destroy Dwayne Wade or whatever the phuck that dude's name is.

Even Canelo is only a 3/1 to 4/1 favorite over Khan right now, and that's supposedly a gross mismatch
        So you came to the conclusion that I'm okay with those fights because I disagree with you? Hahahaha...we have a smart one over here.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          ward was able to get market value after his split with goossenn. networks buy fights. until haymon came along that is how it was done. why does ward get paid what he gets paid? because HBO pays him.

and he actually hit the ceiling for a regular HBO / SHO fight when he fought rodriguez. those guys can only pay so much, or you head to PPV.

so being the top non ppv guy ins't a great thing, but there was nothign wrong with not being on PPV and getting top dollar for HBO championship fights, whcih is why i never agreed with ward for splitting wtih goossen, especially when he had an opportuniyt to go elsewhere when his contract expired.

it's obvious that HBO needed to wait for floiyd and manny to regire before they tried to build another PPV star. that star will be the winner of ward - kovalev.

as of right now i am shading kovalev. very excited to see how ward does against barrera, a capable 175 lber and a decent step up.
          It only means he makes more than 99.96% of all fighters in the world... but yeah, it's not a great thing.

Comment

It only means he makes more than 99.96% of all fighters in the world... but yeah, it's not a great thing.

he's better than more than 99.96% of boxers, however. the very zenith of this sport is PPV.

did you read the rest of my post, curiously? doesn't sound like you did, if you're making some kind of derogatory remark toward me in response to what you've bolded.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he's better than more than 99.96% of boxers, however. the very zenith of this sport is PPV.

did you read the rest of my post, curiously? doesn't sound like you did, if you're making some kind of derogatory remark toward me in response to what you've bolded.
              I'm saying that he is doing quite well for himself, a guy who isn't a big attraction ala Tim Bradley.

Comment

People keep saying PBC overpays their guys but Andre Ward is the highest paid Non-PPV fighter.

What gives?
                Good one!

Comment

Ward is exceptionally talented and if he stays active he'll be a lot more popular than some people here seem to think he will be. He's very capable of becoming a marquee fighter.

Comment

Ward-Barrera in trouble?

Sounds like RN continues to be a bunch of inept a-holes. If they continue to drag this on, I think Duva will take Barrera and just have him fight Kovalev and leave Ward without an opponent for March, further ****ing up his career.

Comment

I'm saying that he is doing quite well for himself, a guy who isn't a big attraction ala Tim Bradley.

tim bradley will have been on PPV 4 times after the 3rd pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X