No announcement yet.

threalpugilist reveals his identity all in the name of promo for buddies DOJO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    oh shut up and just post something of yourself doing something.... anything.
    ^This! He wants to bash the guy but when is the last time he contributed anything useful, or spent some time helping out guys in the training section?
    It's easy to say "most of the guys here never..." but so often it's a pot and kettle scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I'm sorry but karate is basically trash when it comes to actual fighting. I trained at a mma gym and our novice guys would enter "sport kickboxing" tournaments and beat up instructors from karate dojos. That was without any grappling. 6 months of training things that actually work and are battle tested is usually enough to beat someone who's wasted years learning wasted movements and controlled technique. I really respect martial arts, and don't like to trash anyone's discipline...but in most cases, it's the truth.
      ive been around these guys over a decade....we've trained with each other in many aspects of martial arts

its all about learning...no one in history has mastered every aspect of a style

further more its really not the style vs style its the fighter vs fighter and when I trained at knuckle up fitness in sandy springs...we had boxing and mma, kickboxing etc....ive seen MMA guys get their asses handed to them in all areas

Honestly I respect traditional martial artists a little more than the MMA guys because they are just learning a little this and a little that without much focus. where as at Chapmans Shotokan Karate they invite everyone to their dojo from all types of martial arts and add them to their repetoire.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        thus why i said I train and teach novices the basics....its a lot easier to tell someone what to do than apply it....i haven't competed or sparred on a regular basis since 2007...raising my son and life you know how it goes...I found a great trainer here in columbus and he said he will train me back from the ground up and I can assist him and work with the novice guys...I want to give back to the community and give kids something positive to do

Also bro my 2 friends are working on their second dan black belts...im no karate man...did tae kwon do in my youth...they were teaching me how to defend kicks....we weren't going all out...they know I not skilled as them in Karate.

Angelo Dundee and other great trainers have never fought a day in their lives.
        Yeah, you ain't no karate man. Because a KARATE MAN bruise on the inside!!! (-:

J/K bruh. Thanks for the links. Much respect and keep up the work.
        Last edited by Sweet Jones; 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
          Yeah, you ain't no karate man. Because a KARATE MAN bleeds on the inside!!! (-:

J/K bruh. Thanks for the links. Much respect and keep up the work.
          no problem...its not about me. My dude Tony got the news of a lifetime. I found out this morning and I felt like the least I could do was get the word out about his dojo.....I used to try and fight his inner RYU...We've called him RYU and/or goku when we first met....then one day I meet his dad and the family style is shotokan....i was like...deal with it tony...you cant fight destiny....He'd be walking through the house doing kata's but tell us he doesnt want to do Martial arts anymore...he was a blue or green belt back then. Years past and he started getting serious. Im so proud of my boys

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            You said you teach boxing? Not trying to be disrespectful, but if that's you in the video, you shouldn't be teaching anyone...you should be getting taught.
            I have experience at both boxing and kick-boxing. I got into the kick-boxing after a pro kick-boxer, who went on to become British and European champion, enrolled at the boxing gym I trained at to learn better punching skills.

He was a MW, like me, and to cut a long story short, I ended up being his main sparring partner and working his corner for 6 kick-boxing title fights.

Believe me, when you are used to straight up boxing, sparring for the first time with some-one who is coming at you with kicks, sweeps, elbows and spinning back-hand punches is an absolute nightmare!

It takes a lot of adjusting, so if that was the OP's first experience of kick-box sparring, I'm not surprised that he was floundering around like a fish out of water at times.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              thus why i said I train and teach novices the basics....its a lot easier to tell someone what to do than apply it....i haven't competed or sparred on a regular basis since 2007...raising my son and life you know how it goes...I found a great trainer here in columbus and he said he will train me back from the ground up and I can assist him and work with the novice guys...I want to give back to the community and give kids something positive to do

Also bro my 2 friends are working on their second dan black belts...im no karate man...did tae kwon do in my youth...they were teaching me how to defend kicks....we weren't going all out...they know I not skilled as them in Karate.

Angelo Dundee and other great trainers have never fought a day in their lives.
              That's true about dundee and many others. I respect your motives...best of luck.

Comment

Bruh, you don't need to prove yourself to these idiotic keyboard warriors man. Sometimes it's just not worth it. It won't change their opinion of you anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  ^This! He wants to bash the guy but when is the last time he contributed anything useful, or spent some time helping out guys in the training section?
                  It's easy to say "most of the guys here never..." but so often it's a pot and kettle scenario.
                  I'm not the one bashing first though am I?

pugilist started by assuming all posters have never been in the ring, laced up a pair of gloves or have never done sparring sessions or had a fight.

In a way he's kinda referring to us as Dan Rafael of BoxingScene forum

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

me and my brothers from another mother

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X