Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Fernando Vargas never the same fighter after the Felix Trinidad loss? Can...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After taking a beating like that a boxer loses confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      Because of CHEATo's loaded gloves and having to resort to low blows when he was almost out.
      Was it ever proven that Tito's gloves were loaded that night? And, yes, I remember the low blows -- which really jacked up Vargas. Do you think the low blows could have changed him as a fighter?

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Was he not the same? He lost to good fighters. He fought well against Oscar De La Hoya.
      He really wasn't the same fighter post Trinidad. He never showed the same speed, power, and chin. Something happened to him in the fight with Trinidad. But what exactly happened? Like, specifically?

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      I talked to Vargas on my recent trip to Vegas about his fight with Tito. He told me that Tito's punches felt like baseball bats and that it was really suspect. Said he only remembers fragments of the fight. He also recalls Tito's people DENYING Vargas team to check his hand wrapping before the fight. I plan on going to Vegas this year again and hopefully I'll record it. It was a very interesting conversation, dude is cool as ****.
      Holy s***! Is Vargas serious? So what's the truth behind Tito's hand wraps? Do you think it was plaster?

He also recalls Tito's people DENYING Vargas team to check his hand wrapping before the fight.
      That is very shady of Trinidad and his camp if what Vargas said is true. The athletic commission should have seen that as a red flag and double-checked Trinidad's wraps.

I plan on going to Vegas this year again and hopefully I'll record it. It was a very interesting conversation,
      That sounds cool. I would like to hear his side of the story. Then you should interview Trinidad after to get both sides of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        u still owe me a sig bet tho,,think i forgoet??
        He does not honor bets

Comment

Damn was just looking at the first 4 rounds, those 2 low blows from Trinidad were no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            Hey what's up with you people propping up the dead at their wakes? The fuck kind of morbid sicko's are you people? Have some respect for your dead.

(lol at this one)

These are just a few that I saw, there are more.
            Whoa, what the f***?!

Comment

Yeah that second low blow changed the course of the fight. The momentum was on Vargas side, that took all the air out of him since it was the second one. Vargas seemed reluctant after that, despite having a very good round 3 and 4 momentum before the low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
                After taking a beating like that a boxer loses confidence
                Could you elaborate?

Comment

Vargas would have knocked out Tito if wasn't for getting low blowed. That was bull****.

I'm still a fan of Tito, but I lost some respect for him after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Apprehensive EJ View Post
                    Could you elaborate?
                    Ever got your ass kicked before?? ever seen a bully who beats up everyone then finally gets his ass kicked??

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Damn was just looking at the first 4 rounds, those 2 low blows from Trinidad were no joke.
                      How would you describe those two low blows? What do you think they felt like, especially considering they came from a puncher like Trinidad?

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Yeah that second low blow changed the course of the fight. The momentum was on Vargas side, that took all the air out of him since it was the second one. Vargas seemed reluctant after that, despite having a very good round 3 and 4 momentum before the low blow.
                      Do you think that second low blow stayed with him for the rest of his life?

Comment

Working...
                      X