Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Pac's recent PPV make Bob put on stronger undercards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victorious713 View Post
    Nobody is buying PPVs for the undercard. If the main event is big enough, with worthy names, it will sell regardless of the undercard.

only fanboys would not check the undercard before buying a ppv so speak for yourself motha****a.

Comment

Nobody is buying PPVs for the undercard. If the main event is big enough, with worthy names, it will sell regardless of the undercard.
      You just went full ******. Never go full ******.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        It's hard to gauge how much of an effect the undercard has on PPV sells, I mean most casuals only care about the main event bout. I've been to fight parties where the PPV had good and significant undercard bouts but people didn't give a crap and kept asking when De La Hoya/Mayweather/Pacquiao were gonna fight.
        it has a big affect there are alot of fans who are 50 50 on buying a ppv or not and i know for me atleast the under card has alot to do with buying it or not. I didnt buy the pac ppv and fact under card was weak had alot to do with that but thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          pretty much...

last night i was at a buddy's pad and was hyping up the card on Saturday...it was like i was talkin chinese when i mentioned the names...casuals dont know **** about boxing or good undercard fights
          In response the to the quote above you, yea... I'll agree that casuals don't care about the undercard and they are the majority of who buys cards...but anybody who remotely watches boxing would look at the undercard as well. It may or may not affect their choice.

Like Guerrero, don't imagine too many of us jumping at the chance to buy that fight...but Leo and Abner caught are attention... maybe Rosado vs Love for some. That's a solid undercard for a crap main

Comment

GBP give Mayweather (who is not even an official Golden Boy fighter) an undercard of Garcia-Matthyse.

Arum gives his flagship fighter in Pacquaio Dib vs Gradovich 2 as a lead-in.

I'm one of those people who doesn't really like a undercard that is too good, I do believe there can be too much killer on one card (Garcia-Matthyse would have been better as its own event). But for God's sake, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              In response the to the quote above you, yea... I'll agree that casuals don't care about the undercard and they are the majority of who buys cards...but anybody who remotely watches boxing would look at the undercard as well. It may or may not affect their choice.

Like Guerrero, don't imagine too many of us jumping at the chance to buy that fight...but Leo and Abner caught are attention... maybe Rosado vs Love for some. That's a solid undercard for a crap main

casuals usually dont even know who is fighting on the undercard...even when you go and order the ppv, on the guide, it says nothing about the undercard....

the undercard is for true followers only

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post

see thats where i disagree with everyone. Hardcore fans are the ones buying these ppv. Ya you need casuals when to do big record numbers but for most part these ppv are bought by hardcore fans. Because of this i believe under cards are a huge deal the same people who buy 1 ppv buy others and when you buy multiple and you got pick which to buy and what not to buy under cards are a big part of that decision.

Comment

casuals usually dont even know who is fighting on the undercard...even when you go and order the ppv, on the guide, it says nothing about the undercard....

There are a ton of Mexican fans that buy PPVs just for guys like Mares and Santa Cruz. Casual or not, they could hear it from one of their buddies, "oh man, Leo's fighting this Staurday!" They're gonna buy it. It's something to do at the house with people over, and a good party atmosphere.

When you think of casuals, you're thinking of some white lady in her snuggie, watching the View.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    There are a ton of Mexican fans that buy PPVs just for guys like Mares and Santa Cruz. Casual or not, they could hear it from one of their buddies, "oh man, Leo's fighting this Staurday!" They're gonna buy it. It's something to do at the house with people over, and a good party atmosphere.

When you think of casuals, you're thinking of some white lady in her snuggie, watching the View.

no, that would be your mom...im thinkin about the clowns are our fight parties that go 'oh wow, there's a Canelo promotions?'

Comment

I think casual fans who follow a certain boxer would look into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X