Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a bodybuilder give you an advantage for fighting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    a couple of years ago Ricky Hatton got knocked over a table by one punch from a 240lb bodybuilder.

Yes, size and strength is useful in a combat situation, there are plenty of examples of fihgters in combat sports who can win fights on size alone, at the very top level you will get found out, but against most, it counts.

anyone who says it's not any sort of advantage doesn't even lift.
    I agree...how can being strong not help if you got fighting skills?thats just crazy,of course it helps....now if he is just asking if you lift weights and cant fight for ****..then no you will just be a big strong ****** who gets his ass whooped all the time

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      If you can somehow maneuver the bodybuilder near a reflective window of some kind he will be unable to resist checking himself out.....and then you can clock him. Advantage = you.
      lmfao............

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
        Yes it does.....if you know how to fight
        OMG! A parrot can fight. So can a mouse. When it boils down to it he would have to have the stamina (no) the movement (no) agility (no) and power on his punch (no) If he cant throw is big stupid looking arms right he wont have no pop on his punch. Slow duding punches. You watch to much TV Larry.

IMO...All them muscles are people who dont have no fight in them. AN illusion built to make people mindful of how big they are so nobody messes with them. When in fact they can be chopped down quickly. I would much rather hit someone 20 times before they can throw 1 or 2..

Comment

Obviously it is a strength advantage in a fight.

Comment

Im sure this guy can get the right proper extension on his punches. sure he can land a three point combo while bobbing and weaving with feints!

Comment

Originally posted by led*
              Quote:

Originally Posted by KING MEAT

idiot. thats how it would feel for bodybuilders to lift a grown man.

what are you? 130-140? i can do the same sht to you. easy.

muscles dont work in boxing but in a regular streetfight between 2 average joes, the guy who lifts weights probably has that advantage.

If I am an idiot everybody in this site are ******s. IDIOT.
              nope. just you.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Quote:

muscles dont work in boxing but in a regular streetfight between 2 average joes, the guy who lifts weights probably has that advantage.

the question is would it help in fighting, not boxing. gago.

Comment

Quote:

the question is would it help in fighting, not boxing. gago.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    OMG! A parrot can fight. So can a mouse. When it boils down to it he would have to have the stamina (no) the movement (no) agility (no) and power on his punch (no) If he cant throw is big stupid looking arms right he wont have no pop on his punch. Slow duding punches. You watch to much TV Larry.

IMO...All them muscles are people who dont have no fight in them. AN illusion built to make people mindful of how big they are so nobody messes with them. When in fact they can be chopped down quickly. I would much rather hit someone 20 times before they can throw 1 or 2..
                    you are missing what im saying..if the person has fight training lifting weights can only add to his strength and help him..lifting weights will not make you less of a fighter.i am not saying just lifting weights makes you tough

Comment

And we are not talking about profesional boxing,just a street fight between 2 average dudes..yes lifting weights is better then sitting on the couch smoking weed and masturbating all day

Comment

Working...
                      X