No announcement yet.

sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring

I spar this guy at boxing who is my height but a lot older and stronger (im 14). When I am throwing my punches he either wais till I'm done and throws flurrys of punches at me or he does as im punching him. There is no way I can stop him from doing them I've tried everything.

advice please

Try sparring with someone who is at your skill level as well as size. Even if you spar with someone who is less skilled then you. This will help you build confindence. If you're always taking a whooping you won't learn a thing that way. Remember when sparring always show respect for your partner. What goes around always comes around

Comment

Try counter punching him, use side to side Lateral movement block and parry his shots and then throw some combos and try to create angles against him, being on your toes.Just try to do what you're trainer has tought you to do.

Comment

Ahuge part of boxing is defense, movement and countering. As you are now experiencing, its not just about throwing punches. Give it some time young one, but keep working with this guy. It will help you to grow faster.........Rockin'

Comment

umm oh yeah

Comment

Originally posted by 12 Gauge Shotty
            umm oh yeah

Could you expand on that well thought out post of yours for me?..........Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 05-01-2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12 Gauge Shotty
              umm oh yeah
              I Think he rememberd something

anyway , just do what your trainer teaches you and go to the gym everyday!!!

Comment

the best defense it attak attak attak

Comment

In the amatuers you might do something with that strategy, at the beginning of it all. But once you step up in the calibur of fighters that you are facing that strategy will get you busted up. In the pros you will certainly need more than that to be around for any period of time..........Rockin'

Comment

It's a very complex game......(not game as in playing game)

Comment

Working...
                    X