No announcement yet.

Canelo-Khan. Not nearly as bad as Floyd-JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    His definition of walking down is Margarito/Cotto style. If that's his definition, I concede and it didn't happen at that level. But from what I understand walking down to mean, he did it numerous points in the fight. He mixed up and varied his attack beautifully.

straw man. that you don't know what walking a man down is doesn't mean i limit my definition to antonio margarito.

you didn't know what walking a man down was, and tried very hard to shift the definition of walking a man down to what floyd did against canelo, which is just ridiculous. no reasonable definition of walking a fighter down fits what canelo did to floyd mayweather.

now, if you're willing to admit that you used the word incorrectly, then have at it. this is not a matter of opinion. your definition of walking a fighter down is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      straw man. that you don't know what walking a man down is doesn't mean i limit my definition to antonio margarito.

you didn't know what walking a man down was, and tried very hard to shift the definition of walking a man down to what floyd did against canelo, which is just ridiculous. no reasonable definition of walking a fighter down fits what canelo did to floyd mayweather.

now, if you're willing to admit that you used the word incorrectly, then have at it. this is not a matter of opinion. your definition of walking a fighter down is wrong.
      Oh STFU dude. You just constantly talk outta your ass and like to read your own text. You have no clue what you're talking about. Like some boxing book geek gonna tell me what walking down an opponent is Dude read the biography of Sugar Ray Robinson and all of the sudden he's the boxing expert.

You're clearly butthurt for being exposed because you've been fighting at this topic for months. You care so much about your internet reputation and are making a pathetic effort to salvage this L you've taken.

Move on. Now go ahead and get your last word in.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        Oh STFU dude. You just constantly talk outta your ass and like to read your own text. You have no clue what you're talking about. Like some boxing book geek gonna tell me what walking down an opponent is Dude read the biography of Sugar Ray Robinson and all of the sudden he's the boxing expert.

You're clearly butthurt for being exposed because you've been fighting at this topic for months. You care so much about your internet reputation and are making a pathetic effort to salvage this L you've taken.

Move on. Now go ahead and get your last word in.

i got the last word in when you refused to back up anything you've said, and conceded that you don't have a proper definition of walking a man down. that was in the other thread.

Comment

i got the last word in when you refused to back up anything you've said, and conceded that you don't have a proper definition of walking a man down. that was in the other thread.
          Yeah it would be nice if you actually felt that way but the fact that you can't let it go tells me otherwise. But I'm going to let you think that because you're boring and youre constant stalking of the kid is worrisome. My advice, put the bios down, go to some gyms and watch more fights. It's fun...trust me.

Comment

• Lol hilarious thread. All these Mayweather threads have gotten so bad, now even sticks to the topic. Good times.

Comment

• walking down is what pac did to cotto. literally walked him down for 5 rounds.
              floyd never walked down anyone for the last 10yrs, not even a bloated lightweight.

Comment

show me either fighter showing aggression and finishing ability on the level of great, well rounded fighters. a great, well rounded LW is duran. show me rounds where you think whitaker has finishing and offensive skills on his level.

hearns, leonard, and robinson are elite, well rounded historic welterweights. show me rounds where floyd mayweather showed elite, historic tier offensive skills on the level of hearns or leonard. i'll give you a pass on robinson, becuase the fights at WW are hard to find, and i seriously doubt you or your girlfriend BBB have seen them.

heck, i'm starting to think you haven't seen hearns and leonard. you cannot call mayweather, who was the chief fighter discussed, an offensive fighter or a rounded fighter on the level of historic WWs who were well rounded. hearns, napoles, leonard, robinson, these were great offensive fighters in addition to being great boxers.

floyd mayweather is a better boxer than they are. he is not as well rounded, and in the context of historic welterweights he will look one dimension compared to hearns, robinson, and leonard.

floyd's retired, now. if you want to contexualize his career beyond your limited perspective as a fanboy in 2016 you have a lot of film to watch!

now let's see some roudns.

and to your girlfriend, BBP, who was took that thread as an opportunity to look stupid, let's get back to the heart of the matter:

show me the rounds where floyd walked canelo down
                . be a man and show me some rounds. i was at that f#cking fight. i would love to see which rounds you think floyd walked him down. i've probably asked you 10 times.
                tl;dr

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                This fool got mad and wrote a mega titan graph
                You can just taste the hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  tl;dr

You can just taste the hurt.

white flag.

it is what it is. if you've got a point, argue it like a grownup, and tag me with the @ new england button

Comment

• - Both fights were/are b!tch moves, but Khan / Canelo is more of a mismatch in my eyes. For 1, JMM is a complete fighter, one of the best counter punchers I have seen, technically sound. PBF best trait is his defense, he isnt known for his KO power. JMM couldnt to much he was just to small.

- Now Khan = glass chin, leave's himself open after exchanges, isnt a complete fighter , lacks defense, he is going to face a guy who has proven power and is known more for his offense than he is for his defense. So Khan runs a big risk of getting seriously hurt and probably will never be the same fighter again.

Comment

• It's worse than Mayweather-Marquez but not as terrible as people are making it out to be. Not a bad tune-up.

Comment

Working...
                      X