Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If old Vitali beat Haye in 2013 would the Klitschko haters give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Probably not (but even a faded Vitali is better than bums like Manuel Charr).

Vitali is not in my top 10 P4P now, because he honestly hasn't looked good in his past two fights.

He's age 41 and faded, he can't put fast combinations together anymore. I think Price, Pulev or even Fury would have a good chance of beating him now.

I'd sooner he have his farewell fight against one of those three, all decent chaps (Fury talks a lot but he doesn't mean it, he's not hateful like Haye).

I'd hate to see Vitali lose his final fight to a douchbag like Haye.
    I wasn't referring to pound for pound. I would never put that joker on a pound for pound list. I was referring to heavyweight rankings. Where do you place Vitali?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I wasn't referring to pound for pound. I would never put that joker on a pound for pound list. I was referring to heavyweight rankings. Where do you place Vitali?
      The way Freedom is playing stupid is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        The way Freedom is playing stupid is hilarious
        Can't say I blame him. His own words convict him.

Comment

Sensible fair fans will credit him like he would deserve but the same pack of loser Haye fans I argued with for years while Haye was ducking Wlad will come up with some kind of excuse about Haye being too small or if Vitali doesn't stop him its some kind of a victory for Haye like they say about the Wlad fight.

Comment

Tough to say.

He hasn't lost yet, but Charr and Chisora his past two opponents were obviously not top 10 heavyweights.

I think he's at a stage where a good HW like Pulev or Price would have a very good chance of beating him (better than Haye). I think if he fought Arreola (who isn't that good but is probably better than Haye) right NOW, the outcome might be different than in the 2009 fight.

But it's difficult to rank the top heavyweights right now because they aren't fighting each other. I want to see the top ten fight the top ten in 2013.

Comment

Tough to say.

He hasn't lost yet, but Charr and Chisora his past two opponents were obviously not top 10 heavyweights.

I think he's at a stage where a good HW like Pulev or Price would have a very good chance of beating him (better than Haye). I think if he fought Arreola (who isn't that good but is probably better than Haye) right NOW, the outcome might be different than in the 2009 fight.

But it's difficult to rank the top heavyweights right now because they aren't fighting each other. I want to see the top ten fight the top ten in 2013.
              So where would you place him again?

Comment

Vitali is only 41, remember Bernard Hopkins at 46 became the oldest world champion.. Vitali still has at least another 5 years of being elite level if he's willing to put in the same sort of dedication as Hopkins.

Lets not call him old so soon, it's as if the OP is making excuses in advance, in case Haye beats him. Vitali is still the bigger man, with a huge size and weight advantage.. So many factors are still in Vitali's favor to beat Haye, if he can't do it at this relatively young age then there should be no excuses. If Hopkins can still seem like a 25 year old at age 46, then Vitali shouldn't be considered weak and unable to do that, Vitali is strong and he should be able to almost match Hopkins in terms of longevity. Otherwise could he really be considered a true great like Hopkins? Vitali still has a long time left in the game if he finds the strength to remain as dedicated and focused as Hopkins.

Comment

It would be the best win of his career, at his age you better believe he'd get credit.

Comment

So where would you place him again?
                    It's not so simple.

As far as his record goes, he's still #2.

But as much as I hate to say it, H2H right now, I think he's behind several people like Pulev and Fury.

Watch Pulev's and Fury's last fights. Yes I know their opponents were not the greatest, but neither were Charr and Chisora.

Fury beat Johnson as easily as Vitali did in 2009, better than Vitali would now.

Several HWs have looked better this year than Vitali. Not as good as the 2009 Vitali, but better than the 2012 Vitali.

Fury for example is young and improving, but it's all downhill after 40.

Comment

It's not so simple.

As far as his record goes, he's still #2.

But as much as I hate to say it, H2H right now, I think he's behind several people like Pulev and Fury.

Watch Pulev's and Fury's last fights. Yes I know their opponents were not the greatest, but neither were Charr and Chisora.

Fury beat Johnson as easily as Vitali did in 2009, better than Vitali would now.

Several HWs have looked better this year than Vitali. Not as good as the 2009 Vitali, but better than the 2012 Vitali.

Fury for example is young and improving, but it's all downhill after 40.
                      So you have him at #4?

Comment

Working...
                      X