• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsletter vol 8 no 3 -Mickey Walker - part 1

The Boxing Biographies Newsletter
    Volume 8 – No 3 2nd March , 2012
    www.boxingbiographies.com

If you wish to sign up for the newsletters ( which includes the images ) please email the message “NEWS LETTER” robert.snell1@ntlworld.com

Mickey Walker – part 1
    http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3626...m-2-7-meg?da=y

Originally posted by rob snell View Post
    The Boxing Biographies Newsletter
    Volume 8 – No 3 2nd March , 2012
    www.boxingbiographies.com

If you wish to sign up for the newsletters ( which includes the images ) please email the message “NEWS LETTER” robert.snell1@ntlworld.com

Mickey Walker – part 1
    http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3626...m-2-7-meg?da=y
    Rob I just want to say that you do a Great job in this. I am a BIG fan of you work.

I knew Mickey Walker in the last several years of his life as he was a member of several Veteran Boxing Organizations that I also belonged too.

Years ago when I was a kid, the Riverside Vets of Paterson New Jersey announced that they were going to have two former World Champions come and talk to us kids. They said one was Rocky Graziano, BUT they didn't know who ther other one was.

Me and my friends got there early and sat right in the middle of the 1st front. We waited for a while before they came out, and that is when I saw Mickey Walker for the 1st time.

I said, to my friend, "that's Mickey Walker." he said, "Who's Mickey Walker." I said hold this large picture of Rocky, I'll be right back. I ran all the way home a got a large picture of Mickey and then ran back.

I had both pictures signed and later I would tell me friend, who Mickey Walker was.

When Mickey died in 1981, I was invited to a private ceremory in his honor.

Comment

thank you

Hi and thanks a lot Henry I really appreciate what you said. What a great story eh and getting them signed - which I bet you still have amongst that huge collection. He is a very interesting guy to read about with all the differing opinions of his skill, or lack of according to some.

The second part is under way as i had to call a halt or the file would be a bit much to email out.it would be good to find out more of his life after he retired.

Comment

Working...
      X