Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a weird feeling GGG's PPV does better then Floyd-Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be a impressive PPV debut if he did. A side PPV debuts tend to be in the 300k range (Oscar, Lewis, Floyd, Manny, Miguel, Saul) in the last 15 years. Notable though is that Chavez Jr vs Martinez PPV debuted vs each other & did 475k buys. My assumption is Chavez being Mexican gave him a bigger debut than most bigger names in their debut. Maybe Mexican Style can have the same effect idk.

Comment

Under 250 is good
      300 is great
      375 shuts ward up
      500 gets him anyfight he wants

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        If it does well, it will be because of the Canadian market.

Canadian/Brits are great fans. They support you no matter what your color is. Unlike here in the states.
        Canadian buys will not be included in the stats. Only US buys. Canadian will be lumped in with International sales as a different statistic as the dollars are distributed differently.

Comment

They will be lucky to do 300k.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            I don't want the fight to be too big. If it does 100k-150k it would be perfect. Why? because I don't want every single future GGG fight being a PPV.
            I don't think thats going to be a problem. There isn't much depth at 160 & 168 assuming GGG eventually moves up.

After this one its Cotto & Canelo only at 160 right now thats 100% PPV worthy, wouldn't be surprised if GGG aims at the winner first & the loser soon after. Lee seems arguably PPV worthy so I could see or not see that on PPV. Then maybe if TR can make Ryota Murata popular in the next ~2yrs he has potential as some small chance at being a PPV opponent. Could be someone raise up from 154, but outside of Lara idk who'd that would be anytime soon maybe a Charlo. And 168 is basically going to be the Ward & Quillin (since he's said 168 is coming soon, but doubt thats makeable with all the HBO vs PBC ****). Plus with all these belts GGG is gonna be trapped with bs mandatory fights all the time that aren't PPV quality. So basically I wouldn't be worried if he does 300k+ as it doesn't change the 160/168 landscape.

Comment

Would rather watch GGG-Lemux than May-Beato anyday.

Comment

When this fight does 250K, OP will forget all about making this thread.

Comment

300k that's not bad for his first time out

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Nobody is saying that you utter ******. Success in business is measured by whether you can actually turn a profit. That's the point of putting on these events. In that regard ggg's fight can do better than Floyd's event. Understand now?
                    Op clearly means more sales that Floyd berto. Which is just not happening

Comment

Working...
                    X