No announcement yet.

Social Justice v. Freedom of Speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Social Justice v. Freedom of Speech

Social justice is essentially anti-free speech. Hatred so fierce against conservatives has created an argument of mere dismissal rather than engagement in all debates. Abortion, choice against regulation is the actual, physical, real world argument but, lunatics that lack reason sum up the argument as, "religious zealots that hate free love want us to have zero options!" If you have seen what a 5 month or later term human being looks like when they are killed you would weep, you would demand justice beyond anything more than REAL health reasons being the factor. If you have removed yourself that far from compassion than good luck in life.

The battle against the right to self defense. This argument is fierce for pro totalitarian extremists. Yet, this argument is defended stronger than any other totalitarian vs libertarian argument. The bottom line for this is that ultimately it truly is the "bad guys" that abuse the tools necessary for self defense. That is why totalitarians/liberals will never gain traction with level headed citizens/voters in this extremely important issue.

Liberals were an extremely important part of the political process. Their truly was a time when people of different races could not speak. When women were not respected enough to vote. When people who choose different sexual preferences were persecuted. Liberals fought for these citizens rights, and rightfully so. These injustices still happen to this day though, not on a level even close to conceivable presently. These laurels have been touted to often as of late.

Remember when President George W. Bush was running America? This is a time that is practically present in an MSNBC's viewer's mind. Liberals were necessary when a war monger was running America. Now the same "liberals" are pro drones, pro patriot act, pro government spying etc. The liberals are in charge and are naturally abusing power.

True liberals are breaking free from this bullshiz.

http://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2014...t-free-speech/

Not everyone should be lumped in the same category as lib/conserv. Some people can love their guns and right to use them against violent criminals and when they are done go marry their boyfriends in many more states than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Social justice is essentially anti-free speech. Hatred so fierce against conservatives has created an argument of mere dismissal rather than engagement in all debates. Abortion, choice against regulation is the actual, physical, real world argument but, lunatics that lack reason sum up the argument as, "religious zealots that hate free love want us to have zero options!" If you have seen what a 5 month or later term human being looks like when they are killed you would weep, you would demand justice beyond anything more than REAL health reasons being the factor. If you have removed yourself that far from compassion than good luck in life.

The battle against the right to self defense. This argument is fierce for pro totalitarian extremists. Yet, this argument is defended stronger than any other totalitarian vs libertarian argument. The bottom line for this is that ultimately it truly is the "bad guys" that abuse the tools necessary for self defense. That is why totalitarians/liberals will never gain traction with level headed citizens/voters in this extremely important issue.

Liberals were an extremely important part of the political process. Their truly was a time when people of different races could not speak. When women were not respected enough to vote. When people who choose different sexual preferences were persecuted. Liberals fought for these citizens rights, and rightfully so. These injustices still happen to this day though, not on a level even close to conceivable presently. These laurels have been touted to often as of late.

Remember when President George W. Bush was running America? This is a time that is practically present in an MSNBC's viewer's mind. Liberals were necessary when a war monger was running America. Now the same "liberals" are pro drones, pro patriot act, pro government spying etc. The liberals are in charge and are naturally abusing power.

True liberals are breaking free from this bullshiz.

http://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2014...t-free-speech/
      So people who disagree with you about free speech should shut up?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        So people who disagree with you about free speech should shut up?
        Naw. I was drunk and scatter brained in the point last night. The article I link on the other hand is clear and concise. The author is a liberal, he just happens to see where social justice extremism leads. Bill Maher actually agreed on Politically Incorrect 2.0 the other week. It was with a conservative Indian guy. He was arguing with Ariana Huffington about the exact same thing. Social justice is crippling free speech.

Comment

Extreme social justice warriors very often seek to silence free speech by labeling dissenting opinion as hate speech or bigotry. This can be seen quite clearly with extreme feminism; ex: labeling anyone who disagrees with feminist policy ideas a misogynist. The same sort of stuff happens with regards to other social justice issues as well.

Of course, there may be legitimate problems with bigotry in any one of these areas, but it's funny that so-called proponents of social justice would seek to silence anyone with an alternative take on things. The idea that there may be other factors in explaining why women do not earn the same amount of money as men do other than "the patriarchy", for example, would cause many of these types to label you a bigot who hates women.
          Last edited by samouraļ; 05-23-2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            Naw. I was drunk and scatter brained in the point last night. The article I link on the other hand is clear and concise. The author is a liberal, he just happens to see where social justice extremism leads. Bill Maher actually agreed on Politically Incorrect 2.0 the other week. It was with a conservative Indian guy. He was arguing with Ariana Huffington about the exact same thing. Social justice is crippling free speech.
            I don't think it's having a discernible effect on free speech. They're just exercising their own free speech to be whiny and obnoxious.

Comment

I don't think it's having a discernible effect on free speech. They're just exercising their own free speech to be whiny and obnoxious.
              I should add to my above post that I don't think free speech should actually be considered to be truly threatened by such *******s, regardless of whether they would prefer it silenced or not.

Another thing it leads to in my opinion is a disproportionate reaction, with the other side now overplaying the victim card and claiming they're being silenced rather than putting forth actual arguments.

Comment

They're trying though

Comment

Originally posted by Veneficus View Post
                  They're trying though

That woman is a blithering idiot.

Comment

Working...
                  X