No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Matthysse Could Be in Washington, D.C., on 9/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have the fight there?Blacks are not gonna support lucas after
    the beating he gave to lamont.And they aint support a rican.
    Should be in msg where latinos will support the event.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      DC is a predominately African American market where as anywhere in NYC has a large Puerto Rican/Hispanic market. That fight would sell BIG in Barclays or MSG.
      Yeah but Barclay's is booked. Can't do MSG because GBP has an exclusive deal with Barclay's. Boardwalk Hall is booked.

Vegas is an option but the names aren't big enough to bring people over to travel especially with Mayweather/Canelo happening the week after. Philly is an option but word is they don't even support Garcia like that.

Got to get in where you can fit in.

Comment

Just put the damn fight on the undercard of the September 14th Card, this fight deserves to be on a BIG STAGE

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Just put the damn fight on the undercard of the September 14th Card, this fight deserves to be on a BIG STAGE
          that fights deserves to not share the spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Duck? Haha the one ducking Matty Ice is you!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I'll def be there haha need to get me an argentine flag

Comment

C'mon, son!!!

Man this isht ain't gonna happen...Garcia will fight Peterson before even thinking about fighting Matthysse...

...and it's planned for being in the Verizon Center??!! Noooo....definitely not...

If anything will be at the Verizon Center, it will be Garcia/Peterson...

Peterson is still the IBF champ and Garcia is the WBA and WBC Champ so that would be the best possible matchup in DC right now...

I'm telling you folks...check the sig....

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                that fights deserves to not share the spotlight
                I guess but a great opportunity for both fighter to pick up more "CASUAL" Fans, right now lets be honest, both are Popular with the Hardcore Boxing fans but Casual fans have no clue who either one of them are at the moment and I don't see Ticket Sales being all that great in DC unless Peterson is on the Undercard

Comment

You fools. Doesnt matter that choc city is 99.9% black and that none of the fighters arent black. We love our fights, have a huge latino contingency and Philly is right up 95. This fight sells easy. DC knows fights; plain and simple and they'll come out, like me for this fight, in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                    Man this isht ain't gonna happen...Garcia will fight Peterson before even thinking about fighting Matthysse...

...and it's planned for being in the Verizon Center??!! Noooo....definitely not...

If anything will be at the Verizon Center, it will be Garcia/Peterson...

Peterson is still the IBF champ and Garcia is the WBA and WBC Champ so that would be the best possible matchup in DC right now...

I'm telling you folks...check the sig....
                    Oh sh! t you're absolutely right!! This has to be bumped! I definitely see this happening!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                      I'll def be there haha need to get me an argentine flag
                      Nah bro. All you gotta do is like I did and go celebrate with them. The thing about us latinos is, no matter where youre from, at the end of the day we will embrace each other as one of our own. There was even some Dominicans over there from NY watching Lucas.

Comment

Working...
                      X