No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales is Not Sure Who Will Lead Mexican Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales is Not Sure Who Will Lead Mexican Boxing

Former four division world champion Erik Morales has no idea which fighter will end up leading Mexican boxing in the near future.

2012 has been a big year of goodbyes in the Mexican boxing landscape. After suffering two bruising defeats this year, Erik Morales plans to have a farewell fight in Tijuana and then he will retire for good. Antonio Margarito retired earlier this year due to physical injuries. Jorge Arce retired two weeks ago after being knocked out by Nonito Donaire. And Juan Manuel Marquez, at age 39, is likely going to retire in the near future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wait until Alzarez and Chavez are supported by TV networks? Probably two of the most supported fighters on the planet. Unless he means in Mexico? But surely these two are hyped in Mexico too?

Comment

This debate won't be settled until they fight each other if that never happens long term I'd give the edge to Canelo I believe he'll have a better career than Chavez Jr

Comment

Honestly, as much as people hate on JR I think he'd be willing to step up (again) and fight Canelo. I can't say the same for Canelo.

Comment

Canelo will lead the way for Mexico.. This coming May he will step up and finally quiet the critics.. Chavez jr stepped up and lost to one of the best, aint no shame in that.. Hopefully Chavez can fight Golovkin, that would be a great fight..

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            Canelo will lead the way for Mexico.. This coming May he will step up and finally quiet the critics.. Chavez jr stepped up and lost to one of the best, aint no shame in that.. Hopefully Chavez can fight Golovkin, that would be a great fight..
            If Canelo leads the way, the heretige of Mexican boxing is in trouble. Since I've followed boxing (1972), every single Mexican boxing great was more than willing to fight anyone. Canelo just doesn't fit into that category. RLopez, Sanchez, Berrera, Morales, JMM, Zarate,Chavez Sr,Olivarez,etc were all more than willing to fight every tough fight available to them. Are Mexican boxing fans ready to give up this part of the Mexican boxing legend?

Comment

Canelo will be the star

Comment

Canelo will be the star. Chavez will be popular but won't ever beat the top guy around him.

Mares will be the guy in the lower weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Wait until Alzarez and Chavez are supported by TV networks? Probably two of the most supported fighters on the planet. Unless he means in Mexico? But surely these two are hyped in Mexico too?
                  He was talking about other fighters being supported like they are......

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    Canelo will lead the way for Mexico.. This coming May he will step up and finally quiet the critics.. Chavez jr stepped up and lost to one of the best, aint no shame in that.. Hopefully he fight Golovkin, that would be a great fight..
                    GGG would not just destroy Jr, but he would beat Maravilla 2. There will never be another Salvador Sanchez

Comment

Working...
                    X