Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's 5 title fights are a joke, A J-O-K-E !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's 21. Who had all these other guys beaten at that age?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      That's true, it's a joke. I really like Golden Boy as they're so much better for boxing fans in comparision to Top Rank, but in this one, they are shameless with great help of WBC what have to be said. First they're giving him bum from welterweight to fight for vacant 154 pound title in catchweight, then they take on Rhodes what was let's say decent first defence, after it there came club level welterweight in Gomez and just outclassed by Molina Cintron. I mean, come on... If kid wasn't read to fight at championship level then leave that ****ing belt alone for some guys who're willing to compete.
      Also the way they're ducking Lara now is one of most obvious ducks in recent years along Sturm ducking Golovkin. I have a feeling that 10 more possible opponents could get injured and they won't put Canelo in there with Lara anyway.
      absolutely. the thing is this: yes, Canelo is only 21. But: if he doesnt wanna fight the best then he should stay the F*** away from world title fights cause he doesnt deserve them. The dude got a title shoved up his a*s while others fought the best in the world and never even got a title shot. His title is a joke cause he fought nobody. Lara is a real champion WITHOUT a belt. Canelo is a fraud WITH a belt

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        This is why when people say that he'll "crush" Kirkland, I ask them "who has he beaten that will give you this indication"?

Then I hear two things:

1. Crickets

2. James lost to Ishida

True, James lost to Ishida, but he also beat 3 guys that punch much harder than Ishida (Vera, Julio, and Angulo).

Fact is, this kid has done nothing in his career that says he'll beat Kirkland. Why, because he gave Mosley his 3rd beating in 4 fights?

The kid has potential, but until he beats someone of substance, I can't pick him over Kirkland, Lara or Dzinziruk.
        Another thing, people use the excuse "well they're bringing him along slowly".

Ok, do that, but don't then tell me that a champion needs to step up in class.

They are force feeding us this kid. Better fighters have not gotten vacant titles handed to them. Lara is better, he can't get a fight with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          This is why when people say that he'll "crush" Kirkland, I ask them "who has he beaten that will give you this indication"?

Then I hear two things:

1. Crickets

2. James lost to Ishida

True, James lost to Ishida, but he also beat 3 guys that punch much harder than Ishida (Vera, Julio, and Angulo).

Fact is, this kid has done nothing in his career that says he'll beat Kirkland. Why, because he gave Mosley his 3rd beating in 4 fights?

The kid has potential, but until he beats someone of substance, I can't pick him over Kirkland, Lara or Dzinziruk.
          It isn't so much about how good Alvarez is as a fighter or who he has beat.

People pick Canelo over Kirkland because of how bad/overrated they feel James Kirkland is as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
            So how do you feel about Chavez jr.?
            answer above question raskat ...

canelo has been trying to make competitive fights, paul williams was a very dangerous fight, kirkland according to you has beat better opposition and victor ortiz is still a good fighter, all those fights fell apart for different reasons, and now no matter who he fights you'll say he cherrypicked his next opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Another thing, people use the excuse "well they're bringing him along slowly".

Ok, do that, but don't then tell me that a champion needs to step up in class.

They are force feeding us this kid. Better fighters have not gotten vacant titles handed to them. Lara is better, he can't get a fight with him.
              My thing is, I have no problem bringing him along slowly; just give the belt back.

People have their priorities backwards. You bring a fighter along slowly, THEN get the belt. Not get the belt, THEN bring fighters along slowly lol

He can go as slow as he wants. Just fight on Friday Night Fights, Telemundo and occasionally Showtime. But as long as he has that strap, he needs to be fighting the best of the best like all champions should.

Comment

Golden Boy has done a great job with Canelo, and he is perfectly on track in terms of competition and age. He didn't ask for that title and shouldn't have it, but that doesn't change the fact that he is young and has done really well so far. Rhoads was supposed to be a tough test and he dominated him with ease.

Dude is 22, what's the rush?

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                  It isn't so much about how good Alvarez is as a fighter or who he has beat.

People pick Canelo over Kirkland because of how bad/overrated they feel James Kirkland is as a fighter.
                  No, that's not true.

Kirkland didn't have Anne Wolfe and lost to Ishida and hasn't stopped hearing it from guys like you since.

Had Kirk not lost that fight and got held by Molina 122 times, people would be on the Kirk bandwagon, just like they're on the Canelo bandwagon post Mosley fight. Only difference is, they would have a valid reason to be on a bandwagon because Kirk actually fought top competition.

FYI, Top Rank, you don't KO Angulo, Julio, Vera and hurt/drop Molina with a torn shoulder during a bout you were clinched 122 times while being "overrated" lol

What world do you live in?

Comment

Ill say it like this.He's developed,but far from proven.His title reign has been a circus show milking him to a Mayweather fight on safety first side.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Golden Boy has done a great job with Canelo, and he is perfectly on track in terms of competition and age. He didn't ask for that title and shouldn't have it, but that doesn't change the fact that he is young and has done really well so far. Rhoads was supposed to be a tough test and he dominated him with ease.

Dude is 22, what's the rush?
                      No rush at all. Just give up the belt and he can take another 10 years for all he wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X