Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin has quietly taken on the same level of opposition as DSG this year.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
    Golovkin is trying everything to fight the biggest opponents in his division for years except putting a gun to their head to force them in the ring with him. Garcia (who I do like as a boxer) is content fighting Salkas.
    If you compare their resumes over the last four years Golovkin has clearly faced more Salkas than Garcia. I mean you can just go down the list : Fuchigema, Rosado, Ishida, Proskauer, Adama, and Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      No offense,but a win over Sakio Bika hasn't meant very much in some time. You also can't just throw words like undefeated out there without the proper context. Wade had beaten nobody and struggled mightily against a washed Soliman before facing Golovkin. Kell fought two divisions below Golovkin and had faced one elite level fighter in his entire career before taking on Golovkin.
      Just like Muhammad Ali when he fought Liston he had fought no elite level opposition didn't know you needed to fight everyone to fight GGG not Kell fault that Yankees were too scared to travel to Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
        Can someone tell me why so many people are obsessed with GGG? Jealousy? Insecurity?
        He is one of the biggest stars in the sport with a growing fan base,as well as being highly ranked. It comes with the territory, he has to be held to the same standards as other greats of the past. The better question would be why does someone like you that doesn't have any bearings on his life whatsoever, be bothered by a bit of constructive criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          Can someone tell me why so many people are obsessed with GGG? Jealousy? Insecurity?
          I like how he said "quietly" when every time ggg opponent gets announced the whole forum blows up with complaints.

On topic difference between ggg and Garcia is that ggg been trying to fight the best Garcia isn't. Doesn't ask for tune ups or ask for ridiculous demands. Have to look at the circumstances buddy where one can't get anyone in the ring with him and the other guy been called out numerous times and just isn't interested in fighting anyone relevant.

Comment

It would be comparable ifi Garcia forced Thurman to vacate his title, Brook talking about at least 5 mio for the fight, Bradley asking the purse bid to improve the shares and Porter ducking him.

Every welterweight wants to fight Danny Garcia. Thurman wants it, Spence wants it, Porter wants it, Brook probably too, but Danny Garcia doesnt want it. He chooses his cherrypicks. Neither Salka nor Vargas were mandatory or replacements.
            I believe Garcia never even called anyone out, not even Mayweather or Pacquiao, when he was in the position to fight them after the Matthysse fight. He is just content to make good money with little risk.

Golovkin wants to fight every important middleweight, but Saunders doesnt want it, Jacobs doesnt want it and Canelo doesnt want it.
            Wade was his mandatory and Brook was a replacement for Eubank Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              Just like Muhammad Ali when he fought Liston he had fought no elite level opposition didn't know you needed to fight everyone to fight GGG not Kell fault that Yankees were too scared to travel to Britain.
              Muhammed Ali was an undefeated, Olympic gold medalist and was at least active in Liston's division. Brook could have easily fought Vargas,but backed out for a bigger payday. I also would take everything Hearn says with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                I like how he said "quietly" when every time ggg opponent gets announced the whole forum blows up with complaints.

On topic difference between ggg and Garcia is that ggg been trying to fight the best Garcia isn't. Doesn't ask for tune ups or ask for ridiculous demands. Have to look at the circumstances buddy where one can't get anyone in the ring with him and the other guy been called out numerous times and just isn't interested in fighting anyone relevant.
                Golovkin has been called out Ward,Degale,and Lara at different times,but somehow ends up fighting less than Stellar opposition. All the while his fanbase repeats regurgitated information from HBO's spin cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  It would be comparable ifi Garcia forced Thurman to vacate his title, Brook talking about at least 5 mio for the fight, Bradley asking the purse bid to improve the shares and Porter ducking him.

Every welterweight wants to fight Danny Garcia. Thurman wants it, Spence wants it, Porter wants it, Brook probably too, but Danny Garcia doesnt want it. He chooses his cherrypicks. Neither Salka nor Vargas were mandatory or replacements.
                  I believe Garcia never even called anyone out, not even Mayweather or Pacquiao, when he was in the position to fight them after the Matthysse fight. He is just content to make good money with little risk.

Golovkin wants to fight every important middleweight, but Saunders doesnt want it, Jacobs doesnt want it and Canelo doesnt want it.
                  Wade was his mandatory and Brook was a replacement for Eubank Jr.
                  Their have been countless threads about the PBC's growing economic difficulties,yet Danny is criticized for Al not having the requisite funds to pay quality opposition. Russell just did an interview about this very topic last week.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                    Muhammed Ali was an undefeated, Olympic gold medalist and was at least active in Liston's division. Brook could have easily fought Vargas,but backed out for a bigger payday. I also would take everything Hearn says with a grain of salt.
                    Vargas was a bum level of opponent either way ain't no way should Kell be fighting someone as crappy as that it should have only been 3 people at 147...
                    Amir Khan
                    Danny Garcia
                    Keith Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Vargas was a bum level of opponent either way ain't no way should Kell be fighting someone as crappy as that it should have only been 3 people at 147...
                      Amir Khan
                      Danny Garcia
                      Keith Thurman
                      Regardless of what you think about Vargas as a fighter. He was a champion and it would have been a unification fight between an undefeated guy versus a guy with one loss. Vargas had also done just as much at 147 as Amir Khan. Brook would have been the favorite without a doubt,but it still would've been a step up from the Dan's and Bizier's.

Comment

Working...
                      X