Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: As Soon as Golovkin Has a Fight, Everyone Wants Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
    who's he fighting next? let me guess...either a welter weight or some unknown dude from Tasmania ..that guy is a joke..he's 34 and scared to move up in weight.
    It can't be called cowardice when GGG is willing to fight DeGale & Zurdo, 2 champions from a division higher up. I know you're implying that GGG cherry-picked Brook. But it can't be called cherry picking when a fighter lacks options.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      This is all BS GGG has said repeatedly he won't go up until he has the WBO belt. So whatever the f*** Saunders is doing right now is holding up a division. I would love to see DeGale fight GGG their is a challenge with Ward at 175 now. DeGale is the man at 168. Brook is merely helping GGG break into the UK scene.
      Actually, GGG & his team are more than willing to do a one-shot fight at 168. They won't campaign at 168 until he's undisputed. But they are more than willing to fight at 168 here & there. If the DeGale/Jack fight isn't made by September, it would probably be better for DeGale financially to fight GGG next.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
        doesn't matter..this brook fight is hot garbage. they made brook wear a suit and ggg a small shirt to hide size difference. lil g is a coward and hypocrite
        It's a mismatch, for sure. But it's not a cherry pick. Cherry picking would mean that GGG had options. It's been shown that that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
          You got caught lying and are now making excuses. Typical Lil Gina.

Lara should fight at 160, but it's OK for a WW to get a shot.

You guys are pathetic..
          The difference between Lara & Mora is that Mora actually moved up to MW when he said he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I would love to have Golovkin fight Lara b/c of all the troll-talk and the Canelo-connection. But it'd be a one-sided fight just based on how Lara's looked vs Martirosyn and even Ishe Smith. He'd get walked down inside 8 rounds, but it'd be fun to see how he'd try to run and when cornered he does fight back hard. But he'd die either way.
            This I agree with. I know it's only my opinion, but Lara's style is tailor-made for GGG's style. GGG beats up outside fighters much worse. When an outside fighter is trapped in a corner, they have no choice but to fight in a phone booth against GGG. And when Lara is facing a guy whose punching power is greater than anyone he's ever faced, it could end horribly for him. If he's not KO'ed or forced into a stoppage situation, then he's going to get battered from pillar to post. To me, the only kind of style that can defeat GGG is the one Andre Ward employs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Brook had no dealings with K2. Just Hearn. Recall that Brook simply signed the deal Hearn negotiated for Eubank.

Also, why is all the responsibility on making the fights we want to see on Golovkins opposition? Shouldn't K2 be pursuing the competitive fights and not just money fights? Who has Trip called out that wasn't a pure money fight or a known competitive mismatch? I just want to see him in the ring with someone 160 or heavier who can fight. Not WW and JMW guys.
              If we're talking about odds, then there's no one from 154-168 who would be a 4-to-1 underdog or higher. If we're talking about this mismatch coming up for GGG, there simply wasn't a ton of viable options for September 10 in London. And personally, as a boxing fan, I don't think it's fair to a champion who has to chase down or shame other boxers into fighting him. The sport has always been contender vs champion. If the contenders don't want to fight him, what is GGG to do?

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                It can't be called cowardice when GGG is willing to fight DeGale & Zurdo, 2 champions from a division higher up. I know you're implying that GGG cherry-picked Brook. But it can't be called cherry picking when a fighter lacks options.
                He's willing, but never made a move to do so. Has only mentioned DeGale now that he is fighting Brook, and said nothing of Zurdo when negotiations with Eubanks started going south. With any other fighter you would have called this a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                  You are one of the few lil g fans on this site I respect bro, thanx for calling it what it is and not trying to defend all the wrong that comes from loeffler and co
                  Loeffler is trying to parlay his time at K2 into a situation elsewhere, Abel is just brash. I view Abel as a spanish Freddie Roach, he talks up his fighter because his fighter doesn't trash talk like at all but there is a price to pay for it and unfortunately the cost is paid by the boxer himself.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Loeffler is trying to parlay his time at K2 into a situation elsewhere, Abel is just brash. I view Abel as a spanish Freddie Roach, he talks up his fighter because his fighter doesn't trash talk like at all but there is a price to pay for it and unfortunately the cost is paid by the boxer himself.

I can respect that. I was so used to pussie g fans saying he could do no wrong I did put you in that group. I rock with Ward but if he was ducking Kovalev I would not respect that at all. I want the best to fight the best. So if Ward is supposed to be the best it's only right he move up in weight and prove it if there is not a person in his weight class to do it.

If Ward brought a fighter up from 154 to 168 to fight him I would call him out on that. But it's good to see people call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      He's willing, but never made a move to do so. Has only mentioned DeGale now that he is fighting Brook, and said nothing of Zurdo when negotiations with Eubanks started going south. With any other fighter you would have called this a duck
                      Examples of fighters being called ducks for not going up in weight when the guy negotiating with turns tail 2 months from fight date?

Zurdo had a fight against a bum scheduled then dropped out with hand injury, dummy. Out 5 months. Follow boxing any?

Comment

Working...
                      X