No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Was Ahead on All Cards at Time of Chavez TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Was Ahead on All Cards at Time of Chavez TKO

WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) may have pulled a rabbit out of his hat without even knowning it. On Saturday night at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, he stopped Andy Lee (28-2, 20KOs) in the seventh round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Duane Ford in da hizzouse!!!

Comment

It really wasn't a clear cut fight to score. In several of those rounds, Lee clearly landed more punches, but Chavez always landed the harder shots. I don't think Lee was winning by any means at the time of the stoppage - but you can at least make a case for it being close at the time of stoppage.

Pac-Bradley on the other hand... Pac landed more AND landed WAY harder. Easy fight to score.

Great victory for Jr. though. I have been skeptical on how good he really is but he has shown that he is definitely someone to take seriously now. I can't wait for the Martinez fight. I hope some websites put Chavez as the favorite - I'll bet what ever I can on Martinez.

Comment

Stop hating dawg

Comment

Lee was landing no doubt, and his jabs were putting in work, while Chavez Jr had no jab at all, this might have influenced the judges. But that body work was a work of art on Chavez' part.

Comment

It was kinda difficult to score due to Jr's lazy output in the earlier rounds,nevertheless I had him ahead by two at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

eh Lee won the early rounds but it was obvious chavez turned the tide after the 4th or 5th round. He obviously stopped him so its irrelevant but if it had went the distance chavez would have pulled away.

Comment

cant be mad at that. i thought it was close. i had lee winning the first three rounds

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                  cant be mad at that. i thought it was close. i had lee winning the first three rounds
                  I gave Jr round 2.

Anyways, I could tell by the close of the third that Chavez's body work was going to pay off. Lee walked back to his corner breathing hard. The fourth was a very good action round for both, but I could tell that Chavez had tasted Lee's best shots, and could tank them.

I was kinda inbetween that and the Chambers-Adamek fight, but I had Jr. up 4-3, I think.

With the way some of these decisions have been going down, it pays to finish off your opponent if there is blood in the water. Solid win for JCC jr.

Comment

tbh, some of the rds were tough to score.

Comment

Working...
                    X