Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the heat picking up Greg Oden?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg will be on the floor grabbing his knee in agony within 20 games if he plays again. I live 20 min outside Portland and saw it happen time and time again. Shame to because nobody got to see his true potential. Greg showed real promise in short spurts, but did not have one healthy year in Portland.

Comment

Lebron can hook him up with whatever PEDs he uses to stay healthy.

Comment

he'll have a dominant 5 games with the Heat.

Comment

Is it possible for the Heat to get both Oden and Dalembert? Barring any major injuries to stars of the team, the Heat would have an even greater chance of winning back-to-back-to-back.

PG-Chalmers/Cole
          SG-Wade/Allen/Miller
          SF-LeBron/Battier/Jones
          PF-Bosh/Haslem/Lewis
          C-Dalembert/Oden/Birdman

Unstoppable. Size, versatility, and the best player in the world.
          Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-02-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

risky to say the least. Carpe diem shut this thread down.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
              Greg will be on the floor grabbing his knee in agony within 20 games if he plays again. I live 20 min outside Portland and saw it happen time and time again. Shame to because nobody got to see his true potential. Greg showed real promise in short spurts, but did not have one healthy year in Portland.
              I think if he didn't have injury problems Portland would have made the right choice picking him over Durant. When he was healthy, I don't remember seeing a player as big as him(7'1 295lbs) move as explosively since Shaq. And in a lot of ways he had more skill than Shaq. Its too bad he's so brittle.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                I think if he didn't have injury problems Portland would have made the right choice picking him over Durant. When he was healthy, I don't remember seeing a player as big as him(7'1 295lbs) move as explosively since Shaq. And in a lot of ways he had more skill than Shaq. Its too bad he's so brittle.
                It's like the Blazers are cursed. First oden's knees fail then Brandon Roy. At least Brandon had some good years and made three All-Star teams. Fingers crossed with Lillard.

Comment

Just when I was thinking we would never see another Greg Oden thread.

Comment

Greg Oden can be

The Mychal Thompson of the LA Lakers. Both Oden and Thompson were drafted #1 by Portland

The Lakers won immediately after getting Thompson

or he can be

The Bill Walton of the Boston Celtics who was also drafted #1 by the Blazers but the similarity doest end there. He was injury prone too.

Walton and Thompson both won championships immediately after being hired by Boston and LA respectively.

so Oden to Miami Heat?

*REMEMBER Where you HEARD it FIRST *
                    Last edited by miron_lang; 07-02-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X