Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG not fight Ward the lineal champ at 168 but choose Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why doesn't ward move up and face kovalev instead of sitting around waiting for middleweights to challenge him?

Comment

Getting a pass compared to who? Mayweather? It's pretty obvious anyone crying about Mayweather having to move up again are just crybaby trolls that should be ignored.

Comment

Larry, this is truly pathetic, even for you. GGG fighting Chavez Jr. instead of Ward is not the same thing as Stevenson avoiding Kovalev to fight a nobody just to secure his Hopkins retirement package.

Why you ask?

GGG fighting Chavez Jr. can easily set up a mega-fight between the winner and Ward. Also, as stated earlier, GGG hasn't even fought at 168 yet so technically he really doesn't deserve a shot at Ward now anyway.

Stevenson signing with Showtime more or less guarantees that he won't get to fight Kovalev any time soon, if ever. It is a blatant duck, either by him, orders of his handlers or a combination of both.

If you can't understand the difference then I don't know what else to say.
        Last edited by Derranged; 03-27-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Golovkin fans are too scared to admit that their boy did what every other fighter does. Took the highest paying fight available.

It wouldn't fit into their agenda of "Sergio is scared"

Comment

Gennady Glovokin is not required to fight the best, so therefore it is not known as a cherry pick not can you bash him for going for the big money fight.

This only applies to IE select fighters.
            Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Adrien Broner.

I wonder what they all have in common.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Golovkin fans are too scared to admit that their boy did what every other fighter does. Took the highest paying fight available.

It wouldn't fit into their agenda of "Sergio is scared"
              is ward available to fight now? no, he is not. go fk off

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Larry, this is truly pathetic. GGG fighting Chavez Jr. instead of Ward is not the same thing as Stevenson avoiding Kovalev to fight a nobody just to secure his Hopkins retirement package.

Why you ask?

GGG fighting Chavez Jr. can easily set up a mega-fight between the winner and Ward. Also, as stated earlier, GGG hasn't even fought at 168 yet so technically he really doesn't deserve a shot at Ward now anyway.

Stevenson signing with Showtime more or less guarantees that he won't get to fight Kovalev any time soon, if ever. It is a blatant duck, either by him, orders of his handlers or a combination of both.

If you can't understand the difference then I don't know what else to say.
                GGG Ain't fighting Ward at all, watch him drop back down or his team will make excuses that he didn't feel comfortable at 168 so will not be fighting there again.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                  Gennady Glovokin is not required to fight the best, so therefore it is not known as a cherry pick not can you bash him for going for the big money fight.

This only applies to IE select fighters.
                  Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Adrien Broner.

I wonder what they all have in common.....
                  ooh I know, I know. lemme guess. Is it they all have the same haircut?

Comment

Low risk, high reward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      ooh I know, I know. lemme guess. Is it they all have the same haircut?
                      Could be, also that they are all in general COUNTER punchers.
                      Numerous of other factors as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X