Collapse
No announcement yet.

calzaghe fighting back anybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crying that still goes on about this fight to this day is a pathetic joke. Calzaghe won, partially because his style didn't allow Hopkins to hold and hit nor headbutt as much as he's used to.

Expect that dumbass troll daggum shortly to explode and go on for 20 pages about how Hopkins should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      The crying that still goes on about this fight to this day is a pathetic joke. Calzaghe won, partially because his style didn't allow Hopkins to hold and hit nor headbutt as much as he's used to.

Expect that dumbass troll daggum shortly to explode and go on for 20 pages about how Hopkins should have won.
      Whether or not Calzaghe should've won is irrelevant to my point which is, Calzaghe should've fought him again... Beat him again, no excuses...

But it was too risky, he took his close win and ran

Comment

The fight wasn't close at all, Joe clearly won to the unbiased eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
          Whether or not Calzaghe should've won is irrelevant to my point which is, Calzaghe should've fought him again... Beat him again, no excuses...

Yea I guess. To me the fight was boring as hell and I wouldn't have been interested in the rematch but its the principle.

Comment

Calzaghe was afraid of a rematch, end of...
            He lost fair and square son, get over it. It was 5 years ago.

Comment

Hopkins was trying to use his head as a fist and Cokeaghe thought it was a slap fight. All jokes aside, Bhop lost that fight due to Calzaghe's activity. Close but clear decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4
                Calzaghe was afraid of a rematch, end of...
                first it was "Joe is scared to come to America". now it's "he's was afraid of a rematch". comical.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  He lost fair and square son, get over it. It was 5 years ago.
                  I'm over it... I'm not the one making these threads 5 years later. Seems like Calzaghe fans are the ones that still have to convince themselves of something

Originally posted by I don't lose View Post
                  first it was "Joe is scared to come to America". now it's "he's was afraid of a rematch". comical.
                  It was never "Joe is scared to come to America" from me so this doesn't apply.

I'm not talking about his skills, I'm not talking about his legacy, I'm just talking about the simple fact he ducked a rematch with what I and most thought was a close fight

I'm not saying he would have won or lost, but he clearly felt he had something to worry about

Comment

Do you actually think HBO wanted to put on an immediate rematch after that abortion of a fight?

Use your fukin head.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Do you actually think HBO wanted to put on an immediate rematch after that abortion of a fight?

Use your fukin head.
                      LMFAO, Oh I see... Joe wanted the rematch, but HBO would put the money up for it

So the Dawson-Tarver rematch was worth the money, but Hopkins-Calzaghe wasn't?

Use your fukin head and stop making excuses

But, like I said, I'm over it... I don't care that Hopkins lost, I'm not that big a fan. U Calzaghe fans on the other hand have to live with the FACT that Calzaghe's blatantly ducked a rematch... And ur the ones that have to convince themselves something

Comment

Working...
                      X