was on the edge of losing vs taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
      people tend to overrate Froch a bit

Dirrell - lost but was given a gift
      Kessler - lost
      Ward - lost

was on the edge of losing vs taylor
      It's actually pretty impressive how far Froch has gone because I don't think too highly of him either. I expect him to lose to Bute and start winding down his career. He's done well for himself.

Comment

-Abraham lost a few to top 168lbers and I think isn't sure of 168
        -Taylor dropped after KO losses
        -Dirrell hasn't been active
        -Kessler lost steam in losses to Calzaghe and Ward
        -Froch lost steam in losses to Kessler and Ward

Bute, while he hasn't faced those top guys (soon Froch), is undefeated. Meaning it's "his turn" to prove he belongs. Or a loss would drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          Good list, but i think bute could kick Dirrel's ass. I think Dirrel is overated just a bit. bute has power and kicks like a mule. Just my :2 cents:
          Dirrell isn't highly rated to be overrated. Just about every one hates him. I don't see any Dirrell fans here. Actually I have seen like about 2 fans. I don't know how you can call him overrated. He's also #8 in The Ring's top 10 SMWs. He's underrated if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It's actually pretty impressive how far Froch has gone because I don't think too highly of him either. I expect him to lose to Bute and start winding down his career. He's done well for himself.
            I agree he has done well despite having so little ability

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I think Froch has very overrated power. Last person he knocked out was Jermain Taylor who hasn't been able to take a punch since Pavlik.

Comment

-Abraham lost a few to top 168lbers and I think isn't sure of 168
                -Taylor dropped after KO losses
                -Dirrell hasn't been active
                -Kessler lost steam in losses to Calzaghe and Ward
                -Froch lost steam in losses to Kessler and Ward

Bute, while he hasn't faced those top guys (soon Froch), is undefeated. Meaning it's "his turn" to prove he belongs. Or a loss would drop him.
                Thats a very interesting way of putting it, thanks. I see it a bit differently now

Comment

I don't see how anyone can hold the Kessler fight against Froch, imo it could have gone either way.

Comment

Number two behind Ward and ahead of Froch is exactly where he should be ranked. Froch lost two fights during the tournament. Bute has never lost a fight and has defended his tittle against 3 or 4 guys ranked in the top 10 when he fought them, so he is proven. He just got through winning every round from Glen Johnson, who gave Froch a close, hard fight.

Comment

Bute did not jump ahead of Froch because Froch lost to Ward. Bute was always ranked ahead of Froch. When the tournament began Bute was already ranked #1 at 168. Ward past him for the #1 spot with his impressive run of wins. Froch beat Johnson by scores of 116 112, 117 111, and 114 114. Five months later Bute beat him by scores of 120 108, 120 108, and 119 109. Bute has defended his tittle successfully 9 times. He has wins over Andrade, Bika, and Johnson, all ranked #8 or higher at the time he fought them. Kessler may have been #1 when the tournament started by some rankings but everybody ranked Bute #1 or #2.

Comment

Working...
                      X