No announcement yet.

ODLH Big Announcement leaked.... Boxing on CBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno
    This really isn't breaking news. Plenty of people saw this coming. No one should really be surprised about this.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0#post11843500

Golden Boy and Espinoza along with Haymon are killing boxing on Showtime. So my expectations of this actually succeeding are very low.
    explain how they are "killing" boxing on showtime? What evidence do you have that proves Golden Boy and Al Haymon are killing showtime boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      There's no way that CBS would be able to lure top name fighters to their network. What they can do is use younger fighters and build them, fighters that don't have big contracts. CBS could be used as a middle tier network to build young and talented prospects and olympic talent. As the talent grows, more interest grows and maybe then CBS can keep some of the talent and if not the interest still grows and more people will be subscribing to HBO and SHO. No one knows how it will work out for CBS, HBO/SHO/ESPN, or the sports growth but it certainly can't hurt any of them. Exposure is always a good thing unless they completely half ass it and just throw bum vs bum on the cards.
      CBS can do what they want. It is the second largest broadcaster in the world behind the BBC. Sumner Murray Redstone is an American media magnate. He is the majority owner and Chairman of the Board of the National Amusements theater chain. Through National Amusements, Sumner Redstone and his family are majority owners of CBS Corporation, Viacom, MTV Networks, BET, and the film studio Paramount Pictures, and are equal partners in MovieTickets.com. His net worth 3.8 billion.

You mean to tell me this company can't lure people from HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
        "The Boxing Truth ‏ @boxingtruth

Chavez: Heard Top Rank is holding a press conference at the Biltmore in Los Angeles on Tuesday."
        Hold on what? This is interesting. I wonder if Top Rank and GBP will work together with this deal if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
          Hold on what? This is interesting. I wonder if Top Rank and GBP will work together with this deal if it happens.
          If that is the case I would think that would be a good sign for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
          X