Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mosley be the toughest opponent Mayweather has ever faced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will be comparable to the Castillo fights.

Comment

On Paper yes, but i dont think it will actually be his toughest fight physically. I think the 1st Castillo was his toughest fight and he had to dig deep, deeper than he ever has in any other fight.

Comment

Possibly, besides Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          I cant get the look of frustration that he had against Winky out of my head. He looked like he wanted to quit anyone who seen that fight will tell you that.

Im not saying he will quit but he will look just like how he did when he fought winky and his head was down in the corner.
          I don't see anything that makes me believe Mosley is going into this fight without confidence. I truthfully didn't see him this confident, focused, or hungry going into either the Cotto or Margarito fights. I think you're just overly anxious for the fight lol. Don't worry, we're almost there.

Comment

Yea i think it will be his toughest fight in a long time. The first was Castillo imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Will he?

On May 1st,

Will Mayweather strggle the most he has ever struggled?
              nope... Mayweather 9 round TKO...

Nazim will hit him with the towel Saturday night for sure!!

WAR MAYWEATHER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Will he?

On May 1st,

Will Mayweather strggle the most he has ever struggled?

Mosley is definitely the most talented and I think even Mayweather's camp has acknowledged that. How the fight plays out is another story. Mayweather could struggle and even lose. He could also completely dominate. Any of those scenarios are possible which makes this fight so intriguing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
                  No. Castillo is.
                  I don't see it. Mosley punches harder, has far better handspeed, and his chin is at least as good. An overall better fighter than Castillo.

Comment

I didn't think, stylistically, De la Hoya- Mayweather was a visual feast, or that it lived up to the hype. I feel like Floyd found enough room to keep distance, move, and pot-shot. It was a close fight- we remember that, right? Oscar faded down the stretch or things could have looked quite different.

That fight leads me to two views of this fight:

SCENARIO ONE

Floyd will get his rythmn early, move - he'll be moving side to side, backwards, pot-shotting and generally boxing on the move like he did against Oscar. He'll land some nice punches, have some good combinations, but round after round it'll be Floyd dancing, stepping to the side, countering and landing one shot- move, move- one shot- move, move- one shot, move move- one, two- move, move...

It'll be a boring UD where Mosley does what he can but Floyd stays on the move, uses his speed, and there isn't anything resembling a trading segment as Shane, at this age, just plain can't get the mobile Mayweather who isn't afraid to be called a runner as he dances to victory.

SCENARIO TWO

Unlike Oscar, Shane doesn't get tired and- like De La Hoya did in spots- he's able to cut off the ring or have a good moment against the ropes. The fight is close because while Mayweather is pot-shotting, Shane is actually landing some decent shots, puts together enough offense that even when he's missing his activity gets him a round or two, like Oscar was able to manage, except he's able to keep it tight.

If Mosley can keep the pressure on, is willing to chase and is able to cut off the ring, things could get very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      I don't see it. Mosley punches harder, has far better handspeed, and his chin is at least as good. An overall better fighter than Castillo.

im not saying Mosley isnt a better fighter than Castillo but I just think he wont give Floyd as much problems, because he is a bigger threat and Floyd will be on his A-Game...on paper yes toughest fight but come fight night i dont think it will show that.

Comment

Working...
                      X