No announcement yet.

breathing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breathing

Ok, so I'm new to the whole boxing thing.

I've been training the basics (jab, straight, footwork etc) and I think I'm progreesing fairly well.

What got me thinking, however, is breathing.

BAG, MITTS or SHADOWING: when you throw combinations, how do you actually breath? Along with each punch? in from the nose, out throught the mouth ? Can you explain in DETAIL to me?

Please help me. This is the only point where I couldn't get a clear answer in my gym.

Thank you so much.

Myself, I exhale from my nose at each punch. People are different, though. My friend exhales from his mouth at each punch, my other friend doesnt exhale at all at punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabiaa View Post
      Myself, I exhale from my nose at each punch. People are different, though. My friend exhales from his mouth at each punch, my other friend doesnt exhale at all at punches.
      does your friend who doesnt exhale when he punches quit after 2 rounds? just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        does your friend who doesnt exhale when he punches quit after 2 rounds? just sayin...
        lmao, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
          lmao, seriously.
          lmao it seriously is beyond me why anyone would post such a ridiculous statement... obviously its not true and if it is like I said, hed be done after 2 rounds... But youd have to be stupid to do that, so I honestly think the dude just made that up to sound cool or something... "my friend doesnt exhale when he punches".... Yeah, were believin that.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
            Pretty much. He's been boxing for a month now, and he still doesnt get a hang of it. He still lasts long tho, I don't know how he does it.

And would I seriously make a comment like that to "sound cool?"

Comment

I've been boxing for a month too, and I want to get the hang of it.
              I do feel breathing is something I haven't got under control just yet.

It's good to read how you gyuys do it. Thanks, and keep it coming, if possible.

Comment

i know this is weird, but i do the same thing Pacman does

i make the "boom boom BANG" noise

i know it's weird, but making the noise is a great way of making yourself breathe out with every punch.i also breathe out the nose

Comment

Originally posted by Rabiaa View Post
                  Pretty much. He's been boxing for a month now, and he still doesnt get a hang of it. He still lasts long tho, I don't know how he does it.

And would I seriously make a comment like that to "sound cool?"
                  yeah lol well thats cool bro and youd be surprised at some of what people post on here but i didnt know hes only been boxin for a month, i thought you were talkin about someone whos been doin it for a while or somethin, which is why i didnt believe it... But you gotta teach him how to breathe between punches and such cuz someone can get hurt like that... It aint healthy.

Comment

I exhale with the punch through the nose with my mouth shut.

Sometimes I find myself exhaling through the teeth with clinched teeth but most of the time that is just with jabs. Kinda hard to explain if you don't already understand it.

open mouth = ktfo. Or chicken dance at the least.
                    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-18-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X