Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better boxing skills Calzaghe or Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, but Calzaghes abilty to adapt is something to take into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephFelice View Post
      Calzaghes resume keeps looking better and better when Hopkins and Jones Jr keep winning. You can make a case that Roy has been just fighting bums and a totally shot one armed version of Jeff Lacy in his last fight, but I think if Roy fights a top dog like Froch he would beat him.
      roy lost clearly,b-hop beat calzaghe his face looked messed up after the fight,he trew more slapps tho.Chavez is a boxing legend don't dissrespect the man by comparing him with someone like joe,i have to admit that joe had a high workrate thats what made him win 99% of his fights in the case of b hop most of joes punches landed on his gloves i mean just look at their faces and you will kinow the truth

Comment

JCC without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
          roy lost clearly,b-hop beat calzaghe his face looked messed up after the fight,he trew more slapps tho.Chavez is a boxing legend don't dissrespect the man by comparing him with someone like joe,i have to admit that joe had a high workrate thats what made him win 99% of his fights in the case of b hop most of joes punches landed on his gloves i mean just look at their faces and you will kinow the truth
          Did you see my signature or is my gif images not showing up? Calzaghe clearly landed in that fight, maybe your eyes are too slow to see that. And bhop clinching over 150 times, trying to steal the fight away from Calzaghe didn't stop Calzaghe from beating him.

And Calzaghes face was fine after the fight its in my gif image aswell, and so was Hopkins. Neither of them are knockout artists.

Comment

but what Calzaghe fan likes Froch?
            This one. Very much, in fact.

Plz remind me why we are comparing JCC and JC, por favor? Because they share initials?

LOL Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Did you see my signature or is my gif images not showing up? Calzaghe clearly landed in that fight, maybe your eyes are too slow to see that. And bhop clinching over 150 times, trying to steal the fight away from Calzaghe didn't stop Calzaghe from beating him.

And Calzaghes face was fine after the fight its in my gif image aswell, and so was Hopkins. Neither of them are knockout artists.
              good catching a few landed shots.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe of course

Comment

Originally posted by Man In Black View Post
                  This one. Very much, in fact.

Plz remind me why we are comparing JCC and JC, por favor? Because they share initials?

LOL Wouldn't surprise me.
                  Because I've been on many boxing forums where people said that Chavez has more boxing skills then Calzaghe, and I don't agree. But so far Chavez is winning the poll, so I guess some people actually honestly believe that. And if they were in the same weight class I think Calzaghe would win a lop-sided decision win over Chavez.

Comment

Because I've been on many boxing forums where people said that Chavez has more boxing skills then Calzaghe, and I don't agree.
                    Hmm, cool. Strange one. Thanks for the explanation.

I dunno, hypothetically, would that they could ever have shared a weight class, it would have been a pretty great war.

Comment

calzaghe did not have great boxing skills, he was good because he was fast, had a great workrate, good chin, ability to adapt and was strong mentally. im not saying calzaghe had bad boxing skills but they where certenley not great. so i think its pretty even.

Comment

Working...
                      X