Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward the most overrated fighter currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Andre Ward the most overrated fighter currently?

Don't get me wrong he's a good fighter and all, but not p4p number two imo.

He's not as good as Pacquiao, and doesn't have the consistency of Vladimir Klitschko.

He doesn't have the wow factor, his speed isn't that great nor is his power...

His so called ''skillz'' consist of spoiler tactics, what he does well is measure his opponents...

Very overrated if you ask me, I reckon Groves would do a number on him.

Not overrated at all. I don't think he needs to be number 2 pound for pound but that's more due to inactivity then it is his skills inside the ring. He earned where he's at by beating those in his weight class at a time when he was looked at as maybe being a bit too green to be in a tournament with so many skilled vets.

Comment

If you don't wanna put him p4p #2 right now because of inactivity that's fine. When active he's one of the most technically astute in the game, even if it's a lot of spoiler tactics.

I'd love to see him fight Groves though. Not that I think Groves will beat him, but I'd love to see Groves' mindgames in the build up to the fight.

Comment

Idk if he should stay at P4P #2, but lets not act like Pac has been fighting murderers row lately.....Tim Bradley is the only good fight he's taken since 2010. Marquez 3 was straight bull**** and Marquez 4 was only acceptable because of how Pac botched the 3rd fight.

I hope Groves wins next week because Ward will wipe the floor with him I'll bet my account on that with you if it happens.

Comment

Ward is starting to become underrated on here. He's a damn good fighter, absolutely top class. But he doesn't deserve a p4p rank anymore because he hardly fcking fights. The idea of groves doing a number on him is laughable. That would be a good technical fight but ward too savvy imo

Comment

Also 168 is an overrated division the talent isn't that strong.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              Ward is starting to become underrated on here. He's a damn good fighter, absolutely top class. But he doesn't deserve a p4p rank anymore because he hardly fcking fights. The idea of groves doing a number on him is laughable. That would be a good technical fight but ward too savvy imo
              Groves would flatten Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                Groves would flatten Ward.
                Care to explain how or why? Ward is a smart, cagey fighter. He doesn't get flattened by anyone around his weight.

Comment

Groves wouldn't have much of a chance against Ward, lets be real now. I do think certain aspect of Ward's game can be overrated, namely his inside game but I think his ring awareness is too good that it's hard to time him. Definitely the second best fighter in the sport and he performs the part.

Comment

I agree with most guys who already replies to this...Ward maybe shouldn't be 2-P4P due to his recent inactivity and such but he is in no way overrated in terms of when he is in the ring.

I too would like to see Ward-Groves, but Ward beats him and looks good very doing so I believe. George showed us he can hang at world level the moment he dropped Froch in RD-1, but Ward is a notch or two above him and probably always will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X