Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karmazin: Pacquiao Could End Up Like Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Pac just needs to work on his timing alittle

If you watch the replay you see that he feinted and then thru the jab but the feint was so fast and Marquez had no where to go that he just threw a desperation punch

Bad situation to feint instead of just going for it
    Desperation punch. hahahaha Dude, that was a well timed counter punch. Nothing desperate about that. I can just see Manny getting knocked out again and this time it will be really bad for his legacy. He's not going to be the same. He's going to be more careful and that's why he will lose in a rematch. Manny needs to either fight one more time against maybe Bradley, and then retire or retire now. Manny's real career ended the night he got knocked out.

Comment

Excuses, excuses, excuses......

Manny's been KO'd before this, granted this last KO was as catastrophic a KO as I've seen in a while, but he has tasted fresh canvas before. Maybe the new excuse is going to be "Manny wasn't hungry enough," fine, okay. I think it would be more efficient if fans consolidated all of the excuses that way they could make it seem like there is one good and accessible reason why Manny was put into a coma.

Why can't the reason be the obvious one, Manny was slipping, got caught with a solid punch and got stretched? The more elaborate the excuse and the more it favors Manny not doing something as opposed to what his opponent did right, the more I must conclude that there are a set of people that refuse to open their eyes.

When or if Mayweather gets laid out, I will not come to this site to make excuses for him. A professional fighter that gets into the ring but isn't completely motivated to win is an utter moron.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
        Desperation punch. hahahaha Dude, that was a well timed counter punch. Nothing desperate about that. I can just see Manny getting knocked out again and this time it will be really bad for his legacy. He's not going to be the same. He's going to be more careful and that's why he will lose in a rematch. Manny needs to either fight one more time against maybe Bradley, and then retire or retire now. Manny's real career ended the night he got knocked out.
        I disagree. I thought Pac looked as good as he ever has against JMM. His head movement and movement period was killing JMM. And had he not gotten sloppy and overagressive, I think he was headed to a KO win himself because JMM was getting busted up. All I see the KO doing is maybe making Pac a little more cautious. And because of the way the last fight played out, I think being a little more cautious will lead to a Pacquaio win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Former IBF junior middleweight champion Roman Karmazin said the most impressive performance of the entire year was Juan Manuel Marquez's sixth round knockout of Manny Pacquiao on December 8th in Las Vegas. Karmazin, who retired last year after suffering a bad knockout at the hands of Osumanu Adama, says Pacquiao could end up like Roy Jones Jr. if he continues to fight on. Jones was never the same after suffering a knockout defeat to Antonio Tarver in 2004. Jones has continued to fight but suffered several more crushing knockout defeats.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Why is this scrub Karmazin chiming in? STFU

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Exactly how does Pac getting his brain sent into orbit by a former Mayweather victim hurt Floyd's legacy? I mean, as it stands now, JMM is sitting on top of his little rivalry with Pac. And if my memory serves me correct, Floyd fought and fought quite well against the winner of the rivalry. At one time, Mayweather-Pacquaio was needed because we thought it was a match-up the best two fighters of the era. Well, as it turns out, Floyd and JMM are the best two fighters of the era. They fought, Floyd won, end of story. He's the best of his time.
            ...maybe because you've got to have the balls first to step into the ring.

Mayweather wanted no part of Pacquiao, Marquez didn't need ANY EXTRA TESTS to beat the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
              If Roy had earned Pac type cash, he would probably not even be bothering with HBO color commentary.

Fighters who earn and save go on to live lives.
              Pac will finish on a victory and finally follow the path of Lennox, the best example of a pugilist who knew when his expiration date was up and honored it.

The big loser here is Mayweather.
              He never fought Manny, his legacy will take a heavy hit for it and he lost 40 million as a result of the evasion.

And by the way.
              The Ghost has more than a ghost of a chance should Floyd get brave and take Robert before the Gingerly money.
              You do realise that Roy Jones is worth just over 40 million?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                You do realise that Roy Jones is worth just over 40 million?
                No....no he is'nt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                  ...maybe because you've got to have the balls first to step into the ring.

Mayweather wanted no part of Pacquiao, Marquez didn't need ANY EXTRA TESTS to beat the guy.
                  Why did he need to fight Pacquaio? I mean, it would have been a nice little event. But the reason the fight was thought to have been NEEDED is because they were thought to be the best two fighters of the era. They weren't. Floyd and JMM were. And Floyd had the balls to fight the next best guy of his era. And he beat the eva lovin' piss outta him. End of story. Feel free to live in your little "Floyd's scared of Manny" world all you want. But at this point, the Floyd-Manny fight wasn't what we thought it was. And we got our #1 vs #2 of the era. And to this day, people try and act like the fight didn't happen. Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    There is a difference though.

Plankquiao PRIOR to his brutal embarrassing KO took massive punishment and still displayed a very good chin. Some say even Granite.

Roy Jones Jr PRIOR to his brutal embarrassing KO NEVER took punishment or hard shots..

Pac has proven that his chin is good- not saying that it will remain good but Roy actually never showed his chin was anything but pure glass..... prior to Tarver.

I am very certain Roy's chin was always weak, it was just his supreme reflexes + the fact he never fought the bigger punchers which got him out of trouble before.
                    Wrong, see it's these comments that get to me. If you followed boxing more than the past 10 years. You would know that RJJ took punches from BHop, James Tony, The Body snatcher Mike McCallum , even the 1st Tarver fight, Tarver threw and landed his $$ punch plenty of times. it wasn't until RJJ's body gave in and was depleted and could no longer do what he was able to do that Tarver left hand mattered. RJJ was down against Lou de Valle whom was a top 5 light heavy @ the time. Lou De Valle hit RJJ with the same punch Tarver knocked RJJ out with, but RJJ was able to recover. Hence him being in his prime, and before he traveled to heavy weight, and came back down and damaged his body. Lou De Valle was known as being a heavy handed puncher too

Comment

Why is an idiot like this guy being quoted, and why is it news on what I thought was a decent boxing site???!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X