No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa, 50 Cent Open Workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    It's like "Cubanborn" said, "50 knows a thing or two about marketing." He's been a successful performer and businessman.

I don't know all that much about "Fitty", or about rap or hip-hop, but there's a level of fame that people acquire that makes them known beyond their target audience. I believe Jackson has enough notoriety that anyone associated with him will gain some notoriety themselves. As I've said before, when Gamboa was with Arum, he was just another fighter, anonymous to people outside the sport. Being "50's" fighter makes Yuri much more interesting to the casual fan. That's a good thing.
    Well, in Arum's defense, he had many more fighters than 50 to just focus on one. It does kinda help Gamboa that he's one of 50's first fighters and 50 can devote more time to him. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how 50 "promotes" or "treats" his other fighters for their upcoming fights. Curious to see if there is some type of favoritism towards Gamboa.

Comment

I am rooting for both these guys to be successful in boxing in 2013.

Comment

im not a 50 cent fan, but boy do I love seeing him in the boxing spotlight. you know damn well mayweather is fu cking hating having teamed up with this guy. now 50 stealing some of money may's spotlight. keep up the great work 50.

Comment

if you answer all of his 21 questions correct, he will sign you

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Well, in Arum's defense, he had many more fighters than 50 to just focus on one. It does kinda help Gamboa that he's one of 50's first fighters and 50 can devote more time to him. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how 50 "promotes" or "treats" his other fighters for their upcoming fights. Curious to see if there is some type of favoritism towards Gamboa.
            I wasn't trying to knock Arum. (I agree with what you say.) I was merely pointing out a fact. Whatever happens in the partnership between Gamboa and "50", I'm happy that Yuri is clearly getting the spotlight.

I think Gamboa is "50's" jewel. I think Jackson's whole foray into boxing promotions had much to do with Yuri. Everyone else he and Floyd signed were basically added to support their star, Gamboa. I believe Mayweather saw Yuri as a potential superstar and he shared that view with his (then) friend, Curtis. That's how Floyd sold the idea of promoting to Jackson in the first place. I don't think "50" would've been motivated to take the plunge without a fighter he himself thought had major potential.

Comment

has the ducker emerged from his underground bomb shelter to destroy a bum?

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
                if you answer all of his 21 questions correct, he will sign you
                Is that image in your sig from "Eraserhead"? You're a sick pup.... lol

Comment

does anyone know what sms stands for ? i hope gamboa wins so it can set up a fight with broner

Comment

War 50 & Gambo

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Is that image in your sig from "Eraserhead"? You're a sick pup.... lol
                      the best scene of all time...

Comment

Working...
                      X