Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza fires back at Freddie Roach, claims Roach's ego is the problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd's stans need to be happy. the tell all book they are all waiting on is now coming soon. or will it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

100% with Alex.. Roach just needs to be who he is, a trainer! Stick to what ur good at. These pass few years he's kinda been over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        100% with Alex.. Roach just needs to be who he is, a trainer! Stick to what ur good at. These pass few years he's kinda been over his head.
        Now Roach wants to be conditioning trainer too! lol, and Roach claimed Ariza was the one trying to do everything.

I think its a clash of egos here, the only difference is Ariza backed down and obeyed Roach, but Roach doesn't care he wants Ariza out because he doesn't want Ariza getting credit for Pacmans wins. Roach also could be doing this to get more cash, he will also be getting the conditioning trainer fee that Ariza got from Manny.

Comment

I've always seen Roach as a disrespectful prick. Always bad mouthing fighters in such a callous way, unlike other fighters he has a really cruel intent when he calls fighters bums and flat out dismisses them, he seems to be a trainer that doesn't put enough emphasis on defense too. Pacquiao needs to fire him and get someone who can keep up with him on the mitts.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            tell us how you really feel lol
            Gruber, your comment is "the laugh of the day". Thank you. We need some on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Roach is no longer the same, dude doesn't even study tape anymore. He just does the same mitt routine over and over and cares more about how much camera time he gets on the 24/7 shows.

At this stage in Manny's career his conditioning is most important, Roach cant offer him anything anymore. As you get older your conditioning is what needs central focus just so you can maintain in a fight.

This shows you why my prediction is on point, Rios will KO Manny.

Roach and Buboy are now taking over as conditioning coach for Manny that shows right there that Rios will win, Pacman is going to be weak and old and slow without a strict conditioning and nutrition regimen.
              How do you know so much about roach. I think that you should have included this in your post, it would be most interesting.

About Rios scoring a KO, if you're giving good odds, PM me. from both fighters' modus operandi it looks as if there should be a KO in the fight ....but of whom....??

Comment

i remeber watching several conversations between Floyd mayweather Sr and freddy Roach on Youtube. Floyd Sr was clowning around as usual calling Freddy roach "The Joke Coach Roach" but Freddy seemed to have a lot of spite in him and responded with insults coming straight from the heart.

It seems Paquiao also has a bit of an ego too. I have seen several videos of him in the Wild card gym hitting a fat guy repeatedly (With little force but as a pro boxer, little force is easily felt). Paquiao also used a stick to hit this same guy on the back side after forcing him to present his backside for spanking.

The Wild card gym is becoming a joke

Comment

I agree with Ariza here, this is foul, if anything Pacman needs to fire Roach, Roach is more interested in fame and money and being a TV star.

Its fuked up Roach has no friends he gets jealous if the attention doesn't go fully on him or the credit.

Remember when he brought in Michael Moorer? it was Moorer who was actually doing most of the strategic training and he was getting really close with Manny and Manny was listening to him more than Freddie, it was Moorer who came up with that counter on Hatton not Roach. People were praising Moorer for that fight, and than bam Roach fires Moorer and claims its because people in the gym didn't like him, it was more like Roach didn't like Moorer getting shine or credit for helping Pacman.

After Moorer gets fired, Mike Tyson walks into the gym he is humbled and overweight and was looking to Roach for help, Tyson wanted to help learn to be a good boxing trainer and asked Roach if he could help train Manny Pacquiao, Roach refused, he probably refused for the simple reason that Tyson training Pacquiao would take away from Roach's spotlight on 24/7. More jealousy from Roach and envy. He hates others to get more shine and credit than he does.

If you remember Roach fired Justin Fortune and stole his check when Roach left 5 fighters in the dirt to go train Oscar de la hoya for 500 thousand bucks against Mayweather.

Justin Fortune was the guy left at the gym training all of them including Izzy, Viloria, Lazcano and Pacquiao. Fortune was a damn good coach he was the guy who Pacman never disobeyed and listened to. Roach flies back to Texas to work the corner for Pacman even though Manny told Roach its okay coach Fortune is good, stay with Oscar, but no Roach flew to the fight claiming Pacman needed him in the corner.

After the fight Arum had a beef with Roach for going to Golden boy, and he signed the entire check over to Fortune I think it was something like 80grand or something like that, Roach got mad called up Fortune and demanded the check, Fortune told Roach to F off after Roach threatened him, and Roach kicked fortune and Macka Foley out of the gym, Macka has known Freddie for years too.

Roach is shrewd as they come, he has no friends, the guy even treats his ex girlfriend like crap if you watched on Freddie Roach.

Now Ariza was hired by Roach to replace Fortune and Roach praised him and Ariza would always defend Roach, and they seemed like a good chemistry going on. Than things changed when Ariza was getting close with Manny, and people were giving him more credit for Pacmans success than Roach.

Ariza becomes public enemy number 1.

Roach is not a good dude.
                  Wow I never new this Roach can't be trusted then. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Now Roach wants to be conditioning trainer too! lol, and Roach claimed Ariza was the one trying to do everything.

I think its a clash of egos here, the only difference is Ariza backed down and obeyed Roach, but Roach doesn't care he wants Ariza out because he doesn't want Ariza getting credit for Pacmans wins. Roach also could be doing this to get more cash, he will also be getting the conditioning trainer fee that Ariza got from Manny.
                    Well...The Roach is the one in overall charge. And even if Ariza was employed by MannyP and not The Roach, I've always thought that the guy was off his head and had a tongue like a washer-woman, every so often making all those derogatory comments about everyone in the team. He seemed not to be able to control his mouth even a bit. Then it would "seem" to blow over.

I could never understand why he hadn't been fired long ago. And I mean this. I'm certain The Roach has more than enough influence with Pacquaio (who believes he owes all his success to him and Arum) to have had him thoroughly and permanently fired. Pacquiao is such an important part of The Roach's income, that I'd bet real money that they will have a thoroughly experienced replacement for Ariza. And it's not impossible that at the last moment, Arize may pop up there again.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                      Wow I never new this Roach can't be trusted then. Thanks for sharing.
                      He didn't just "share" he overflowed and smothered. Hectari is not normally like this and I am really surprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X