Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many PPV's Does Canelo vs Gatekeeper Do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many PPV's Does Canelo vs Gatekeeper Do?

....Cotto being the Gatekeeper

I Think it does Over a Million

Going against a guy who's done over a million twice against two of the biggest selling stars and a good amount against margo.... i'd say Cotto would help get it over a million

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Going against a guy who's done over a million twice against two of the biggest selling stars and a good amount against margo.... i'd say Cotto would help get it over a million
      Won't happen. Its really not that easy to pull a million. Chavez/Martinez couldn't do it, it'll do about 700k

Comment

1.2 million easy

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          Won't happen. Its really not that easy to pull a million. Chavez/Martinez couldn't do it, it'll do about 700k
          I do think I'm being a little optimistic here. I mean He got about 600k with Margo, but if Canelo is really as popular as people are making him out to be.... I think it's possible, albeit a long shot.
          I think if Canelo does 600-700k, that's still an alright number for your first PPV... but then it kind of makes it look like you're not as popular as Margarito

Comment

900k-1mil

PR-Mex

Two fighters with huge followings.

Comment

I think between 600 and 750k. Canelo cotto is not the easiest to promote in the us. Canelo isn't fluent and cotto is reserved so there won't be many mainstream show appearances by either. But both are popuylar and have large fanbases.

Comment

Cotto/Marg II did 600,000. And what was Margarito's star power compared to Canelo's?

I think its a good chance this fight would do 800,000 to 1 million.

I don't know if Cotto being on a losing streak will have an impact or not though.

Comment

Cotto had a huge following, but he messed up big time after the Trout fight when didn't acknowledge them. I know plenty of people who are still mad about that, he'll be lucky if he has half of the supporters he had before.

I can see this fight pulling around 350-450k, if Marquez vs Bradley is gonna be on the same day, that's gonna take away from Cotto-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by hiei View Post
                    ....cotto being the gatekeeper

i think it does over a million
                    500k..........

Comment

Working...
                    X