No announcement yet.

Floyd: "If Oscar can fight Pacquiao, why can't I fight Marquez?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd: "If Oscar can fight Pacquiao, why can't I fight Marquez?"

Mayweather bristles at the notion he wanted to fight Marquez because Marquez would be an easy mark. Yes, he concedes, Marquez has never fought at welterweight. But Mayweather is doing nothing different than Oscar De La Hoya when he fought Mosley in 2000 and Pacquiao in 2008.

In each case, the man was jumping from lightweight to fight De La Hoya at welterweight.

Why, if it’s good for Oscar, isn’t it good for me?” Mayweather asks. “Marquez is one of the best fighters in the world. A lot of people, including me and including a lot of you in the media, think he beat Manny Pacquiao in both of them fights. So why do I have to hear this? It’s ridiculous.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    50.00%
    A little bit
    10.00%

Sure you can do it too fraud jr. but you wont get respect for it.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
      Sure you can do it too fraud jr. but you wont get respect for it.
      However when mentioning Oscar's career no one forgets Pacquiao or Mosley as some of the best he faced. Hypocrites.

Comment

I totally agree, especially if there is a catchweight. Even if there isn't, it's better than the 154 pound De La Hoya challenging Pacquiao, who had only once fought as high as 135, to a fight at 147. I mean, it's no secret that Floyd is a small welterweight. Marquez is the lightweight champion and the #2 P4P fighter out there, so I don't view this fight as a circus show at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
          Mayweather bristles at the notion he wanted to fight Marquez because Marquez would be an easy mark. Yes, he concedes, Marquez has never fought at welterweight. But Mayweather is doing nothing different than Oscar De La Hoya when he fought Mosley in 2000 and Pacquiao in 2008.

In each case, the man was jumping from lightweight to fight De La Hoya at welterweight.

Why, if it’s good for Oscar, isn’t it good for me?” Mayweather asks. “Marquez is one of the best fighters in the world. A lot of people, including me and including a lot of you in the media, think he beat Manny Pacquiao in both of them fights. So why do I have to hear this? It’s ridiculous.”

Im a Pacfan but I think most people here are underestimating JMM..I thin JMM is a legitimate opponent for MAyweather..I'll give credit Money if he wins..But I will root for JMM ..=)

Comment

Oscar got as much, even more hate than Floyd when choosing to fight Pacquiao. Especially with Margartio calling him out.

Can anyone find any articles praising DLH for fighting Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Oscar got as much, even more hate than Floyd when choosing to fight Pacquiao. Especially with Margartio calling him out.

No they can't, so I don't see how Floyd can't understand why he gets all the hate, DLH got ****ted on for fighting Manny, so no big surprise for them ****ting on Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post

And on top of that, Mayweather is alot smaller then DLH and this is at a catch weight of 144. Like I said, a really good "Tune Up"

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post

I actually came here to post this exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X