Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the GRIT? (Greatest Resume In Total)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F!x View Post

Oscar De La Hoya, as an example, fought Floyd & Jeff Mayweather, Chavez, Whittaker, Pacquiao, Camacho, Trindad, Hopkins, Vargas, Mosley, Molina, Mayorga, Sturm, Gatti.. He lost to many of them but this doesn't matter, he still could be top 3 GRIT.

It's all subjective, but who you got?
    Ruelas, Hernandez, Gonzalez and Carr wins are often overlooked.
    When I read the topic, Oscar and Evander came to my mind.

Comment

Harry Greb. Never saw him actually fight but if you look at all the HOF and ATG's on his resume it's almost unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
        I think Hopkins or Leonard.
        What the fu...
        Holman Williams ****s all over that resume!

/greeh
        Last edited by greeh; 11-09-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Ezzard Charles is another one which has a resume that is superior compared with Hopkins.

/greeh

Comment

ali, oscar dlh, pacmonster

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMUS~RICO~13 View Post
              you forgot Ike Quartey
              there's always one.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                The GRIT (Greatest Resume In Total) belongs to a boxer who has fought the best competition, regardless of how many losses may have accumulated throughout his career. Compare this with the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) which tends to take into account wins and losses combined. Conversely, the GRIT just focuses on resume alone, regardless of whether they've won or lost.

So who has fought the best opponents throughout their entire career?

Oscar De La Hoya, as an example, fought Floyd & Jeff Mayweather, Chavez, Whittaker, Pacquiao, Camacho, Trindad, Hopkins, Vargas, Mosley, Molina, Mayorga, Sturm, Gatti.. He lost to many of them but this doesn't matter, he still could be top 3 GRIT.

It's all subjective, but who you got?
                Are you spinning out a new acronym?

Comment

Mayweather he fought and beat fighters from the 70's, 80's 90's and 2000's.

Comment

I didn't think this idea of bestowing the title of 'The GRIT' was gonna fly with the sanctioning bodies.

So, I've had a good ol' chin-wag with the boys down at the WBC, and they're of the opinion that this is only gonna work if you declare one fighter as 'The GRIT' as a kind of interim award, and then declare another 'The True GRIT'.

I'm sorry if this confuses matters and/or renders the accolades meaningless, but I've been informed that this is the way that the show's being run now and we're all gonna have to get used to it.

Comment

Fighting great opposition doesn't = having a great resume, it just means you fought great opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X