No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez-Bradley: Top Rank Reserve Thomas & Mack, 9/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez-Bradley: Top Rank Reserve Thomas & Mack, 9/14

Top Rank is aiming to put a fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas on September 14.

An attorney for the promoter has requested the date with the Nevada Athletic Commission, according to Keith Kizer, the commission’s executive director. The bout would coincide with Mexican Independence Day weekend, which has long been a traditional time to put on some of boxing’s biggest fights.

The Thomas and Mack Center, which is on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, last played host to a bout with last year’s Top Rank pay-per-view over Mexican Independence Day weekend, featuring middleweight champion Sergio Martinez’s win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is gonna get ugly. Canelo's first PPV will probably be on this same date, and if it's against Cotto then Arum is stupid as hell. I don't know too many people that would pass up on Canelo vs Cotto to pay for a main event with Bradley in it. It's not Marquez's fault, it's just that Bradley is not PPV worthy yet unless it's against either May or Pac. Bradley is close to being PPV worthy, but not there yet.

Now if Arum puts this fight on HBO WCB, it would get decent numbers in the form of viewers. Even then, I would not pass up Canelo vs Cotto, despite having HBO. If they're on the same time frame, i'd stick to Canelo-Cotto PPV and then catch Marquez-Bradley via trading block. And I like Marquez over any 3 of these fighters.

Comment

WAR CANELO

Comment

Nice... My wife n i are there. Nice second anniversary trip.

Comment

What if floyd fights canelo in sept?Damn big fight

Comment

Another great boxing night! I hope this is a tradition, two great boxing main events on the same night every Mexican Independence Day!

Comment

Here we go

Comment

Bradley's style, with his guts and determination, wins this... as long as he's properly conditioned and sticks to the gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  What if floyd fights canelo in sept?Damn big fight
                  Floyd won't risk his 6-fight contract that early. He'd rather take care of the Robert Guerreros of the world. Fighters like Berto and Alexander are trying to get their shots. Maybe the next year or the next or never.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    This is gonna get ugly. Canelo's first PPV will probably be on this same date, and if it's against Cotto then Arum is stupid as hell. I don't know too many people that would pass up on Canelo vs Cotto to pay for a main event with Bradley in it. It's not Marquez's fault, it's just that Bradley is not PPV worthy yet unless it's against either May or Pac. Bradley is close to being PPV worthy, but not there yet.

Now if Arum puts this fight on HBO WCB, it would get decent numbers in the form of viewers. Even then, I would not pass up Canelo vs Cotto, despite having HBO. If they're on the same time frame, i'd stick to Canelo-Cotto PPV and then catch Marquez-Bradley via trading block. And I like Marquez over any 3 of these fighters.
                    Arum ain't stupid. He would do Marquez/Bradley on HBO WCB to battle head to head with Canelo/Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X