Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz's Trainer Talks Stoppage, Critics and More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a very entertaining fight. Ortiz: decent jab, good power, poor head movement and what's up with the cheap shots (rabbit punches and headbutts!).

Lopez was throwing wild, MEAN hooks all night. Sure ortiz made lopez back up but man the speed behind those hooks by lopez were menacing. Lopez really did chop him down like a tree as he said post-fight. You hit someone with enough shots eventually something's gonna break.

Ortiz got away from his jab which REALLY stifled lopez. I think when ortiz gets angry he just throws his gameplan out the window and takes cheapshots.

Not sure if Lopez has a future at this weight. his frame just looks a bit small for this weight. He looked stunned a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I wanted Ortiz to lose, (only because I want ginger to fight a real jr middleweight). I didn't want Ortiz to get his jaw smashed in the process. I won't bash him for quitting, he's done it before. I think he should hang up his gloves & model underwear. He doesn't have the heart necessary for being a great fighter.

I'm still shocked that good a$$ posters have wished that better fighters than Ortiz get a broken jaw just to bash Ortiz some more, that's just crazy. The kid is a quitter, we know that. Why beat a dead horse??
      dude look at his hospital pics. sure maybe he quit against maidana but this is a different fight. He was winning the fight. I had him winning the round right before he quit (the flurry by lopez was at the end of the round wasn't enough). PEOPLE CHANGE. remember that.

Comment

Working...
      X